How long until we can 3D print the ships in Oolite?

Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

Cmdr. Maegil
Sword-toting nut-job
Sword-toting nut-job

Post by Cmdr. Maegil »

Disembodied wrote:
If you grew a male skin you'd even have a built-in sporran of sorts for keeping loose change. You'd need to sew a button on the end, of course.
Thus spake the Scot!

Anyhow, I do believe that at some point, Humanity will be trying to control pest nanobots as we do today with diseases, vermin and computer viruses...
You know those who, having been mugged and stabbed, fired, dog run over, house burned down, wife eloped with best friend, daughters becoming prostitutes and their countries invaded - still say that "all is well"?
I'm obviously not one of them.
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

If you haven't already, you should read Neal Stephenson's The Diamond Age: all manner of nano-stuff floating about there.
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

I'd like to recommend Clarkes "Light of Other Days" having just read it! :wink:
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
goran
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by goran »

LittleBear wrote:
I'd like to recommend Clarkes "Light of Other Days" having just read it! :wink:
I would recommend every one of Clarkes SF books. Just the right balance of technology and philosophy in there.

Being a huge SF fan, i have read every SF book that have been translated to croatian. Tried to count the books once on the computer in my city library and just managed to make a lot of people angry. Gave up around 480 books.