In-game economy server

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Pleeeeaaase, people! What's going on here?

Our moderators seem to have a lot of work in this thread.

We already had this kind of heated discussion recently, and I'm not into it. Wouldn't like to see that repeated so soon.

So if there are issues concerning the topic of this thread to discuss, fine, discuss them.

If there aren't, also fine, then don't discuss, and the thread will wane eventually.

-----

Now back on-topic: I don't need and don't want an economy server, for two reasons:

1) My internet-connection wouldn't allow me to use it anyway, as I have already stated somewhere else.

2) I am looking for ways to tinker with the economy in-game, by means of an OXP that could add "Acts of God" to the Ooniverse, that temporarily influence the price of commodities on a specific planet. The idea was discussed in this thread. I still haven't got many ways yet, and perhaps it isn't even possible. But my point is: For obvious reasons this approach would completely clash with an economy server that makes the prices on a centralized base.
Callas
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Callas »

Commander McLane wrote:
2) I am looking for ways to tinker with the economy in-game, by means of an OXP that could add "Acts of God" to the Ooniverse, that temporarily influence the price of commodities on a specific planet. The idea was discussed in this thread. I still haven't got many ways yet, and perhaps it isn't even possible. But my point is: For obvious reasons this approach would completely clash with an economy server that makes the prices on a centralized base.
If OXPs are purely additative, then you will never have compatability issues.

If OXPs offer alternative behaviours for the same aspect of the game (enhanced economy OXP, Act Of God OXP, economy server OXP, etc) then you will have compatability issues and you will need to pick the one you wish to use.
Captain Hesperus
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah

Post by Captain Hesperus »

Cmdr. Maegil wrote:
He's trying to gain 'respectability' and 'good reputation' by having a biiig elite posting rank
It don't work. I've posted 500+ posts and NO-ONE thinks I'm any more respectable or of good repute :lol:

Captain Hesperus
Uncle Reno
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Uncle Reno »

Captain Hesperus wrote:
Cmdr. Maegil wrote:
He's trying to gain 'respectability' and 'good reputation' by having a biiig elite posting rank
It don't work. I've posted 500+ posts and NO-ONE thinks I'm any more respectable or of good repute :lol:

Captain Hesperus
I think that's to do with the fact that they're worried about finding themselves in your gun sights! :wink:
"Get back or I unleash my lethal spotted batoid!!"

What I do when not reading the Oolite bulletin board!
Captain Hesperus

Post by Captain Hesperus »

Uncle Reno wrote:
I think that's to do with the fact that they're worried about finding themselves in your gun sights! :wink:
:lol:

Captain Hesperus