Advanced Navigational Array - Progress

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Killer Wolf »

well yeah, obviously it could be manually overridden if needed, i just thought it might be useful - if you were doing a jump-skim-jump-skim thing it would be helpfully (but completely uneccessary, heh) knowing the next part of the route was already in the puter.
Captain Hesperus
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah

Post by Captain Hesperus »

Killer Wolf wrote:
well yeah, obviously it could be manually overridden if needed, i just thought it might be useful - if you were doing a jump-skim-jump-skim thing it would be helpfully (but completely uneccessary, heh) knowing the next part of the route was already in the puter.
If that's the case, I want a system that automatically queues up an emergency jump location in the case you get ambushed by pirates!

Captain Hesperus
Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Killer Wolf »

i used to do that as a matter of course when entering an Anarchy, if i had fuel left. since getting the WFIs though, i've buggered myself a couple times bby fighting and WFIing, then desperately hitting the H only to find i've used more fuel than i need. a prime case for the WFI's being fuelled by a separate tank!

speaking of WFi, i got jumped the other night by a FdL, came after me doing his dogfight-w/-WFI-on trick, which really annoys me. now, i dunno what he'd been doing prior, but suddenly ANOTHER FdL zipped past and engaged him : both were flitting around at full burn like demented moths. it was like summat out of the Red Arrows.
Captain Hesperus

Post by Captain Hesperus »

Killer Wolf wrote:
speaking of WFi, i got jumped the other night by a FdL, came after me doing his dogfight-w/-WFI-on trick, which really annoys me. now, i dunno what he'd been doing prior, but suddenly ANOTHER FdL zipped past and engaged him : both were flitting around at full burn like demented moths. it was like summat out of the Red Arrows.
Just wait til they run out of full then drop Hardheads on their asses!

Captain Hesperus
"It's little things like that that make me smile."
Jakob Kramer
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Jakob Kramer »

Will a description of the Advanced Navigational Array (plus the key(s) to operating it) be added to the wiki?

I was wondering whether to buy it the other day, but I didn't know what it was. I checked the wiki but found nothing. Then I saved the game, bought the ANA and took a look at the galactic chart... but not knowing what key to press, I didn't know how to activate the ANA.

On another note: perhaps the use of the key "!" can cause some trouble if the player makes a typo, that is, if you don't press the shift key all the way down before pressing "1", you suddenly find yourself flying towards the navigational buoy outside the Station :)
Last edited by Jakob Kramer on Fri May 04, 2007 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

That’s a point. How about ‘&’? Sort of a logical grouping.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

The Advanced Navigational Array has now been added to the Wiki, under the Equipment section.

http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Advanc ... onal_Array
Jakob Kramer
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Jakob Kramer »

Great!

And an impressively quick response too :)

The use of "&" in stead of "!" sounds nice to me, but it is not a big deal... I mean, you only make such typos rarely and with docking computer installed a quick Shift+D takes you back.