Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Trouble with Ionics mission (Spoiler)

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

*cat
Dangerous
Dangerous

I wanna funnelweb!

Post by *cat »

I already GOT a supercobra. I wanna funnelweb! It's not fair!
If I don't get a funnelweb I'll skweam (sic) and I'll skweam til I'm SICK!
:lol:

Thanks for the info: Iobics is great (still in the midst of it) and I'm glad I'm able to play it. I feel like I'm playing "grown up" Elite now - I never got beyond the first two missions and galaxy two on the BBC and PC versions.
Cmdr. Maegil
Sword-toting nut-job
Sword-toting nut-job

Post by Cmdr. Maegil »

*cat wrote:
I already GOT a supercobra. I wanna funnelweb! It's not fair!
If I don't get a funnelweb I'll skweam (sic) and I'll skweam til I'm SICK!
I've got a funnel and I've got some web.

:evil: Now, STFU before I shove them down your throat, and THEN you'll REALLY feel sick!!! :evil:
(I've got a way with kids, don't I? :wink: )
You know those who, having been mugged and stabbed, fired, dog run over, house burned down, wife eloped with best friend, daughters becoming prostitutes and their countries invaded - still say that "all is well"?
I'm obviously not one of them.
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

I think you'll find that he's a grown up kid, like the rest of us! :wink:
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Just to credit everybody, "Agent Wombat" features in the Assassins.oxp, but this OXP features work done by lots of OXP writers. LB as the script-wiriter featured the names of everyone who contributed code or ships to the OXP somewhere in the 50 odd mission briefings the player gets whilst playing the missions (hope the refs are subtle). So you may be attacked by ships from "Ramon Security Ltd", asked to help out the technitions at "Griff Research Ltd", be called in for questioning by "Officer Murgh" etc. "Agent Wombat" is refered to in the last mission briefing given by assassins. (Commander Wombat did the models for those pesky mine-sweepers! :wink: ) The credits to who did what are given in the readme, but members of this board who contributed stuff also find themselves refered to in the plot!
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
pepak
Competent
Competent

Post by pepak »

Just a quick question: I freed the Ramaza system. The RLF thanked me and told me that if I want to continue working for them, I should fly to Bebege. Well, I have been flying around that system for quite some time now, but nothing happened. Should I continue looking or is this part of the mission incomplete?
lolwhites
Deadly
Deadly

Post by lolwhites »

I asked the same thing when I got that far. It means you've come to the end of the mission.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

It means you've come to the end of the mission as it is now. Ionics is not considered finished. It's meant to be expandable, so you can follow the story of the "Link" further.

Unfortunately, however, its creator hasn't developed it further yet. You can follow what he has done so far and what he is working on on the Ionics wiki page.