Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

Alex
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: "Star Wars Downunder"

Post by Alex »

WOW doesn't cover that wee movie.

I watch at least 3 movies every day and don't know how much tv. Needless to say I don't have a tv, everything is streamed or downed. Retierment and Insomnia has it's upsides.

Well there is a heap of "Professional" stuff out there that's supposed to make money for producers. :lol: :lol: :lol:
This little gem beats not only them but about 80% of all the movies I've seen since the actual Star Wars series. And that is a lot of movies. I'm only talking about the SiFi genre.

Having lived Downunder for 25 or so years, one thing is true; After the US, Au know nuthin about makin the amber stuff. And yur xxxx is in the bottom 5 of that heap too.
In my time I've swollowed enough of the amber to float a battle ship and not one of they modern light weighters either, WWII type in yir face beasties. Had them in 11 different countries not to mention the imports I tried.

You want a decent brew, go to Germany or Canada, they have heaps to choose from.
Ashamed to say, Scotland only has 1 decent brew. And it was 15 years here before I could get it in the up market bottle shops. Here mine is the Tooheys Thanks cobber.

Worst or the wosrtest Goes to the Gov brewed stuff in Ankara Turkey, with a close second going to Bud light from US, though I've never tried the Millars.. And very rarley have 'Lite' Bit like having chicory and calling it coffee.
LOOK OUT!!!
OOPS..
"Press Space" Commander
If you do not see "Press Space" more often than you want.. Your not trying!
Alex
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Alex »

Wildeblood wrote:
It's the dropbear of beers: any foreign devils reading this will assume I'm joking, but a koala with rabies is no laughing matter, eh Johnny?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Thats a new one on me :lol: :lol:
LOOK OUT!!!
OOPS..
"Press Space" Commander
If you do not see "Press Space" more often than you want.. Your not trying!
spud42
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spud42 »

well can we all agree that FOSTERS is only fit to be drunk by tourists and exported. no aussie in their right mind would touch the stuff!!!
Arthur: OK. Leave this to me. I'm British. I know how to queue.
OR i could go with
Arthur Dent: I always said there was something fundamentally wrong with the universe.
or simply
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

spud42 wrote:
well can we all agree that FOSTERS is only fit to be drunk by tourists and exported. no aussie in their right mind would touch the stuff!!!
Can you still buy it over East? I don't think it's been sold in WA for a long, long time.

Beer is gay. :shock:

Does anyone care to weigh in on Scotch versus Tequila? :evil:
"So anti-globalist, he's practically a flat-earther."
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Wildeblood wrote:
That's like Ferrari Vs Trabant, isn't it?
...and to answer your question, No!
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Wildeblood wrote:
What's with this 'versus' thing? I was under the impression both were classed as essential food groups, just like chocolate.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Wildeblood wrote:
Okay, smart guy, if it doesn't taste like seawater, what does it taste like? I will acknowledge it doesn't really taste exactly like seawater, but it tastes more like seawater than anything else.
It tastes like beer, of course! :lol:

Side note: Yesterday, I actually went and bought a single stubbie of XXXX Gold APA to check.. and the taste really does have an uncanny resemblance to seawater! :shock: Rather less salty, of course, but that's about the only difference.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Ranthe wrote:
What would happen if you crossed Star Wars with an Australian beer commercial? Answer: Star Wars Downunder, an epic tale of the good the bad and the thirsty. Directed by Michael Cox and written by Michael Cox and Bryan Meakin, Star Wars Downunder, is half an hour of action, special effects and lovable Aussie larakins.

The film tells the story of a lone Jedi, Merve Bushwacker, returning home after a long absence. His mission? To partake in a refreshing beverage, known locally as amber fluid. On his arrival, he is dismayed to discover the planet has become as dry as a dead dingo′s donger, thanks to the tyrannical rule of Darth Drongo. Drongo has hoarded all the amber fluid in his impenetrable fortress “Dunny’s Deep” for reasons unknown. Can Merve, and a motley collection of unlikely allies band together to topple Drongo’s evil regime? Will liberty and amber fluid flow freely once more?
Having finally sorted out my recent internet problems, I finally got to watch this..

Bloody excellent, mate! Far better than I was expecting. 8)
spud42
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spud42 »

Wildeblood wrote:

Beer is gay. :shock:

No comment or the beer quote...

Scotch of course.... what is this tekeelher you talk about??
OR i could go with
Arthur Dent: I always said there was something fundamentally wrong with the universe.
or simply
NigelJK
Deadly
Deadly

Post by NigelJK »

Belgium is very hard to beat for Beer diversity. I got a very unhealthy 'thing' for Wheat beers when I lived there, and there's nothing (Larger wise) to compare to a draft Stella.
spud42
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spud42 »

Stella.... mmmmm nice.....
OR i could go with
or simply