Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Question about assassins

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: Question about assassins

Post by cim »

Venator Dha wrote:
So that for a courier carrying multiple packages there would be little difference, but a player whose delivered the odd package there would?
With multiple high-risk, sure, there's a good chance that renaming your ship is not going to fool them. Medium risk, though, the chance is only 10% per contract per scan, so if you hit the injectors coming out of the wormhole, you might be out of range before they realise who you are.
Venator Dha
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Venator Dha »

cim wrote:
Venator Dha wrote:
So that for a courier carrying multiple packages there would be little difference, but a player whose delivered the odd package there would?
With multiple high-risk, sure, there's a good chance that renaming your ship is not going to fool them. Medium risk, though, the chance is only 10% per contract per scan, so if you hit the injectors coming out of the wormhole, you might be out of range before they realise who you are.
Ah, got it. Thanks :D
Taurus Driving through the galaxy since... .
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

Quick one: would this code show up all the assassins in scanner range of the player?

Code: Select all

var assassinships = system.shipsWithRole("assassin", player.ship, 25600)
Or do I need to do "assassin-light", "assassin-heavy" etc. and call it multiple times?
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

phkb wrote:
Or do I need to do "assassin-light", "assassin-heavy" etc. and call it multiple times?
Yes. Also, shipsWithPrimaryRole, not shipsWithRole, or you'll pick up any ship class which is used by assassins.