Docking Problems

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Re: Docking Problems

Post by Smivs »

The Imperial Courier/Space Bar issue sound a bit like a slightly mis-matched OXP detail thing doesn't it? One a bit too big, one a bit too small, something like that. Certainly docking core ships in a core station is not a problem. Although as I agreed above somewhere the transition between success and failure is a tight one, too tight, and a bit more bumping and scraping middle ground is probably needed.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
davcefai
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by davcefai »

The best answer I can think of is "Right On Commander".

Essentially the problem is that it was OK, then somebody fixed it :lol:
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Every time you scratch your ship while docking, your ships maintenance level should go down. It might already do that, but since there is no visible indicator showing the condition of your ship one really can't tell. So there really should be some kind of indicator telling your ship's condition. It could be a percentage display in the status screen or something more vague like "excellent, good, average, poor" or something like that.
Zireael
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zireael »

There does seem to have been an unintentional change I made to one of the other safety margin factors while sorting that out, which made non-fatal bad dockings harder to come by. I've changed that back now for tonight's build.
Glad to see it sorted - I once exploded my HPC Cobra because my frame rate dropped for a moment.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

davcefai wrote:
I agree that sloppy docking should be penalised. My only issue is with the death penalty.
Be glad you're not playing ED.. loitering whilst docking attracts a death penalty.. :mrgreen:
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Tricky
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Tricky »

Diziet Sma wrote:
davcefai wrote:
I agree that sloppy docking should be penalised. My only issue is with the death penalty.
Be glad you're not playing ED.. loitering whilst docking attracts a death penalty.. :mrgreen:
Trying to manoeuvre around a Type 9 that has got itself stuck in the docking bay can also get you killed, along with the hapless (read dumb) Type 9 pilot.

Sitting in the docking bay you can hear the station defences taking out many pilots. The station commanders must all have Elite status by now. :lol:
Starlord
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post by Starlord »

I've had problems with docking computer in version 1.80. The computer takes over 10 minutes to dock and it sends my ship some distance away from the planet.

I then have to keep retrying, as I think the docking computer is bugged.