Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Thargoids are a bit stupid

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Astrobe
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Thargoids are a bit stupid

Post by Astrobe »

Disembodied wrote:
I really should pay more attention ... :oops: Is there any mileage (if you'll pardon the pun) in increasing the difference, so that a big-planet system is immediately and obviously different from a small-planet one, even to the congenitally inattentive?
If your thing is to not use the Torus drive, that's one of the first things you notice.
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Disembodied wrote:
I really should pay more attention ... :oops: Is there any mileage (if you'll pardon the pun) in increasing the difference, so that a big-planet system is immediately and obviously different from a small-planet one, even to the congenitally inattentive?
Increasing the WP distance for a large planet would make the system bigger but have the odd effect that the bigger the planet actually was, the smaller it would appear when you entered the system.
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

cim wrote:
Increasing the WP distance for a large planet would make the system bigger but have the odd effect that the bigger the planet actually was, the smaller it would appear when you entered the system.
True, of course ... making a big-planet system feel different (in having a longer trip and more potential encounters) might make it look more like a small-planet system. Unless there was a clue (lack of detail, say) to show that the planet wasn't small, but far away ... :)