Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

WooHoo - Dangerous

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

champ sys
Poor
Poor

Post by champ sys »

I don't know if it was subliminal or just boredom but I did it. Sold it all and bought a Python - wanted to see life as a trader. It's already as equipped as my old baby Cobra. Curious to see how much cash I can make - how quickly and if there is a real ship to buy out there.

:twisted:
winston
Pirate
Pirate

Post by winston »

champ sys wrote:
I don't know if it was subliminal or just boredom but I did it. Sold it all and bought a Python - wanted to see life as a trader. It's already as equipped as my old baby Cobra. Curious to see how much cash I can make - how quickly and if there is a real ship to buy out there.
You have to stick with the Python for some time. While it is true that you can make a pretty good profit off each trade run, the early depreciation on a Python really gets you. If you keep the ship long enough though, depreciation tails off.
Rxke
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Rxke »

Golden tip: don't buy a ship when you have merely enough cash. Wait 'till the maintenance-option comes around, you'll see your ship being worth a lot more, second-hand, an increasy quite a bit higher than the 4000-ish cr. maitenance costs, right after maintenance. Then buy another ship ASAP.
ArkanoiD
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ArkanoiD »

Rxke wrote:
Golden tip: don't buy a ship when you have merely enough cash. Wait 'till the maintenance-option comes around, you'll see your ship being worth a lot more, second-hand, an increasy quite a bit higher than the 4000-ish cr. maitenance costs, right after maintenance. Then buy another ship ASAP.
There is a problem - i have not offered maintenance for a long time. Imagine a MkIII Cobra with *all* options including NEU - and they offer me no more than 248,000cr tradeoff!