Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Questions about making an audio OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Corny
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Questions about making an audio OXP

Post by Corny »

I see, thanks :)
Corny
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Corny »

So, if I wanted to use different intervals or even more sounds - like start, loop and end - , do I get that right that I had to mute the core sound by providing a mute replacement, and then trigger my own using the script handlers shipScoopedFuel and shipScoopedOther?
Sorry if I ask every little step, but I'm not very good at JS, so I'd try to implement all that after I'm done with the sounds (or find someone who's more proficient and willing to do it). And I guess I won't be able to tell the difference between "I'm doing it wrong" and "It's not possible". :(
(Thanks wkmanire for the suggestion!)

Edit: Well, I guess that wouldn't work when the scoop sound is called in an interval - the fuel scoop sound is called for every 0.1LY afaik, so that would leave the clip with a fixed interval again.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Corny wrote:
E.g. I noticed that there's the clip in the BGS that says "scoop active", but it would always start the next loop after "scoop" already, so you hear the "...active" only when the scoop is actually no longer active.
This behaviour has been changed after v1.76 (v1.76.1).
Corny
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Corny »

Oh, sorry. I'm flying an Adder since 1.77, so I didn't really scoop anything. What has changed in the code?
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Corny wrote:
Oh, sorry. I'm flying an Adder since 1.77, so I didn't really scoop anything. What has changed in the code?
The clip is played in full length. The interval is still the same, but Oolite checks if the sound is currently playing. If its not playing it replays it.
Corny
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Corny »

Okay, then it's a bug on my side. I don't get any sound while scooping, for cargo at least.
Good to know that this bug isn't happening anymore, though :) Thanks for the update.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Corny wrote:
Good to know that this bug isn't happening anymore, though :)
Yes, it feels a bit more natural this way - although I don't think that it was a bug, just a different way .-)