Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Finis is available for download!

Writings and chronicles of the OOniverse.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Garew
Harmless
Harmless

Re: Finis is available for download!

Post by Garew »

Coyote wrote:
I didn't do it! Nobody saw me do it! You can't prove anything!
I concur, this undermining example of anti-human propaganda is at complete variance with my recollection of events.

Action has been taken, and this forum is now being monitored by Galcop investigators.

CCC,

Garew Ward.
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

drew wrote:
Keep the typos rolling in folks. The proofreaders owe me a pint for everyone they didn't spot! :D
Capt. Murphy wrote:
Ooops, I guess all the proof readers missed that one. There are six instances throughout the text where hanger appears instead of hangar.
Ahruman wrote:
Selezen wrote:
Spelling and grammar mistake alert!!
Page 65 : "‘There is no need to resort to ad hominum attacks,’ Daddyhoggy replied, with distain."

Should read: "‘There is no need to resort to ad hominem attacks,’ Daddyhoggy replied with disdain."
FTFY.
Err, is that seven pints or two so far? (Distain wasn't in my copy so you're not getting a pint for that one)..... :mrgreen:
[EliteWiki] Capt. Murphy's OXPs
External JavaScript resources - W3Schools & Mozilla Developer Network
Win 7 64bit, Intel Core i5 with HD3000 (driver rev. 8.15.10.2696 - March 2012), Oolite 1.76.1
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

I think it would depend how much alcohol poisoning is desired ;)

And speaking as a man who spends half his life on planes and living out of a suitcase, you think I know the difference between a hanger and a hangar? Either that or we just hang the ships up from the ceiling of the bay and avoid all ambiguity ;) :oops:
Cmdr. Maegil
Sword-toting nut-job
Sword-toting nut-job

Post by Cmdr. Maegil »

drew wrote:
Selezen wrote:
Osprey? When did I design an Osprey? :?
One of these, 'Meerkat' didn't seem butch enough! :lol:
Every time the Osprey was mentioned, what came to my mind was the [wiki]Osprey Attack Fighter[/wiki]:

Then you mentioned four extrusions... What I imagined was the [wiki]Osprey X[/wiki]:

Finally, back in the days we wrote FEU (Frontier Elite Universe) fiction, we had a recurring (fictional) light frigate for the Empire - the Imperial Cougar. - basically an [wiki]Imperial Trader[/wiki], but with four nacelles. It was almost as fast as the Courier, not to mention that it was armed and armoured up to the ramdrives.

In short, some of my immersion was lost because every time the Osprey was mentioned, all these other ships came to mind and I had to remember that they are completely unrelated.
You know those who, having been mugged and stabbed, fired, dog run over, house burned down, wife eloped with best friend, daughters becoming prostitutes and their countries invaded - still say that "all is well"?
I'm obviously not one of them.
drew
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by drew »

Hmmm.. Remember the Osprey is the name of the ship, not the class. As in Dark Star (Cobra), Persistence (Caduceus), Hammer(Caduceus), Spectre(Vampire), etc.

If it helps I can make the ident computer pick it up as a 'Meerkat', identity 'Osprey'.

Cheers,

Drew.
Drew is an author of SF and Fantasy Novels
WebsiteFacebookTwitter
Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Selezen »

Ah, I see. After I posted I re-read the paragraph and worked it out from the description. ;-) doh

No, leave it as it is. It's not important enough to change. ;-)

I have to admit I did think it was the Frontier Osprey too for a minute.
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

Congratulations, Drew! That's the weekend reading sorted ...
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

Congrats on the release Sir! Loving it so far (I've read till chapter 3). Looks like the Oxp-makers have some new stations to make at the Witchpoint. You can be proud on your achievement of completing the Oolite saga. Thank you very much for writing! And now get some rest and a beer/wine to celebrate (evil juice) :).
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

Congratulations on your release and all the best to you on this holiday season. :D
Take an idea from one person and twist or modify it in a different way as a return suggestion so another person can see a part of it that can apply to the oxp they are working on.

CommonSense 'Outside-the-Box' Design Studios Ltd.
WIKI+OXPs
Gimi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Gimi »

Congratulations again drew, well into it now, but not going to finish it before I get home. Enjoying it lots. Thank you, and good to have met you in person.
"A brilliant game of blasting and trading... Truly a mega-game... The game of a lifetime."
(Gold Medal Award, Zzap!64 May 1985).
Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Selezen »

Chapter 10 now. Exciting stuff! Sadly it would seem that you've completely decimated my "universe" in the process, but hey! Who cares?

;-)
Yah-Ta-Hey
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Yah-Ta-Hey »

Congratulations on an extremely great saga but the story doesn't end here... what happen to Derek? Rebecca and Jim, now that the timepspace continuum has been altered... we know coyotes' story blends into the already told saga of him in "Coyote". It is now up to others to continue the story line of the other three.... The Saga Continues.... Thank You
Bartle tester says while I am drinking evil juice, I am: 80% killer/ 80 % achiever/ 33% explorer and 0% socializer.
Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

Yah-Ta-Hey wrote:
Congratulations on an extremely great saga but the story doesn't end here... what happen to Derek?
- The Roh'i family resettles on Inoran. Derik Roh'i, at the insistence of the interim Alliance government, pulls together members of the Dark Wheel, Bounty Hunter's Guild, ex-GalCop police, and a number of militia groups into a paramilitary peacekeeping coalition called the Stormwatcher Society. The stated purpose of the Stormwatchers is to insure that oppression, by any form, never happens again.

- The Thargoids release Plasma Accelerator technology to the Stormwatchers; the Shulth adapt the weapons for use on common hard mounts. Kirin XM ships prove to be the only vessels large enough to mount the new weapons.

- Remaining GalCop forces in Chart 2 and beyond, determined to continue where their superior officers in Chart 1 failed, stage an open revolt. The Stormwatchers offer them one chance to stand down and support the new commonwealth. They refuse. The Stormwatchers go into action: Admiral Derik Roh'i, from the bridge of the Storwatcher Kirin flagship Princess Rebecca, personally leads the Stormwatchers to victory, destroying several Behemoths and supporting craft before the GalCop forces stand down and sue for surrender.

- Derik Roh'i retires, leaving Asel Rhun-Th'enelbalm in command of the Stormwatchers. Derik and his wife, Esei Nelp-Roh'i, purchase a houseboat on Inoran.
Running Oolite buttery smooth & rock stable w/ tons of eyecandy oxps on:
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
128GB NVMe M.2 SSD (Boot drive)
1TB Hybrid HDD (For software and games)
EVGA GTX-1070 SC
1080P Samsung large screen monitor
drew
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by drew »

All - if I could encourage you to give me the usual pithy one line bits of feedback once you've finished the story it would be much appreciated - always good for the website! :)

Cheers,

Drew.
Drew is an author of SF and Fantasy Novels
WebsiteFacebookTwitter
Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Killer Wolf »

drew wrote:
Keep the typos rolling in folks. The proofreaders owe me a pint for everyone they didn't spot! :D
every one :-D