Camo

Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Camo

Post by Killer Wolf »

um, isn't the whole point of this stuff that you shouldn't BE taking incoming fire, due to them not knowing you're there until you tw@ them?
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
I was at DSEi on Tuesday - and saw a live demo of the plating on the CV90 - it's impressive - but they refused to answer my questions when I asked how robust it was to small arms fire...
:)

Thank you Mr H!

Killer Wolf; yes you are absolutely right. That said in C.D.T. We created a list of things an invention had to do in order to reach a design spec.
(and a list of things it could not do). This stringent guideline caused some problems to the GCSE students at the time. "Rather pain on the (drawing) board than death in the air" : Walter Horten. It looses something in translation but the principle of an invention achieving multiple design requirements still stands.

Let us not forget that; a glass tank is see through, repels IR, and by it's translucent nature, naturally partially camouflaging in any terrain....
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

ClymAngus wrote:
DaddyHoggy wrote:
I was at DSEi on Tuesday - and saw a live demo of the plating on the CV90 - it's impressive - but they refused to answer my questions when I asked how robust it was to small arms fire...
:)

Thank you Mr H!

Killer Wolf; yes you are absolutely right. That said in C.D.T. We created a list of things an invention had to do in order to reach a design spec.
(and a list of things it could not do). This stringent guideline caused some problems to the GCSE students at the time. "Rather pain on the (drawing) board than death in the air" : Walter Horten. It looses something in translation but the principle of an invention achieving multiple design requirements still stands.

Let us not forget that; a glass tank is see through, repels IR, and by it's translucent nature, naturally partially camouflaging in any terrain....

Re: "repels IR" - is generally a bad thing - it shows up as a "hole" in the landscape compared to the rest of the scene - and thus it's presence is easily revealed (by its absence)
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here