Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Introduce Yourself.

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

CMDR_Lemon73
Poor
Poor

Re: Introduce Yourself.

Post by CMDR_Lemon73 »

Hello fellow space travellers.

I'm Dave, I first played Elite on my C64, then on my Amiga 500. The game is one of the pillars of my life and Oolite allows me to continue the love-in.

Thank you to everyone who has helped create Oolite and the many creative folks who have made the many fantastic OXPs which have taken the game to another level.

I have modded a few OXPs for my own in-game experience and I am here because I need some help getting a couple of OXPs to work the way I want to, namely the Ore Processor and my own modded "Temple of Groove" stations that are a variant of the "Ryan's Villa" oxp.

Hope to see you about the forums.

Dave.
Redspear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On the moon Thought, orbiting the planet Ignorance.

Post by Redspear »

CMDR_Lemon73 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:15 pm
Hello fellow space travellers.
Hi Dave and welcome.

Speccy veteran here but yeah, the original concept and execution were something else. Beutifully flawed in places perhpas but that too was part of the charm.

Check out the tinkerer's workshop thread (if you don't already know it) or even the scripter's cove (under 'expansion pack' section of site), both great places to ask for help as well as the thread of the relevant oxp.

More power to your energy banks,

R.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

CMDR_Lemon73 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:15 pm
... my own modded "Temple of Groove" stations that are a variant of the "Ryan's Villa" oxp.
Welcome and Bienvenue! Hoping you survive the dreaded experience of the "Friendliest BB this side of Reidquat"!

What the dickens is a Temple of Groove? What does it do - and whom does it do it to? (And have you nosed around the LitF oxp? Latest alpha download is here).
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Redspear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On the moon Thought, orbiting the planet Ignorance.

Post by Redspear »

Cholmondely wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 7:25 pm
What the dickens is a Temple of Groove?
Reverential to PA perhaps?