Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

YOUR AD HERE!!! 300 ads (sets A, B, C, D, E, F & G)

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Hehe, nice one, Disembodied .-)
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

BTW, what are the dimensions of the ad images? Thinking of making one of my own....

I know I could probably check easily enough, but someone might know off the top of their head!!
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

JazHaz wrote:
BTW, what are the dimensions of the ad images? Thinking of making one of my own....

I know I could probably check easily enough, but someone might know off the top of their head!!
Your browser tells you all about it .-)

For the absolutely lazy ones 256x128 or 128x256
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Svengali wrote:
JazHaz wrote:

Your browser tells you all about it .-)

For the absolutely lazy ones 256x128 or 128x256
and needs to be a .png
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
allikat
Deadly
Deadly

Post by allikat »

And the answer, for people who can't use right clicks to check... is 256x128 or 128x256... either works :D
Commander Monty, a Python Class Cruiser driver :D
Iron assed bulk haulers for the win!

Of the two trumbles which escaped today from Lave station, only 473 have been located....
Cmd. Cheyd
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Deep Horizon Industries Manufacturing & Research Site somewhere in G8...

Post by Cmd. Cheyd »

Humbly submitted...

DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Cmd. Cheyd wrote:
Humbly submitted...

humbly accepted!

Nice One!
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Disembodied wrote:
angle/2 seems to be the charm! IMO it gives you a much better view of the constores.
It looks indeed better. I re-uploaded it as version 4.1.1. Same as 4.1 but now the constore is 90 degree rotated so you see the station in side-view from the whole spacelane.
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Eric Walch wrote:
It looks indeed better. I re-uploaded it as version 4.1.1. Same as 4.1 but now the constore is 90 degree rotated so you see the station in side-view from the whole spacelane.
Sorry, where have you uploaded 4.1.1? Just looked on the Wiki, but only 4.1 is there?

EDIT: just downloaded 4.1 from the wiki but the update notes seem to indicate it's 4.1.1. Will edit the wiki to reflect the correct version no.
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
snork
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by snork »

hej,

is this topic for entering ads only or may I ab/use it getting help in tweaking the yah OXP ? (the constores).
(If the first, I'll delete and find / make another topic)

I would want to alter prices and quantities drastically.

Looking it up on the wiki, commodities.plist, I have trouble understanding the formulae used to combine the values - What does the & mean ?
In e.g.
price = (MARKET_BASE_PRICE + (MARKET_RND & MARKET_MASK_PRICE) + (economy * MARKET_ECO_ADJUST_PRICE)) & 255
I also would like to alter the price, and if possible even more the amount of fuel on offer (less, and more costly) - but I have no ideas where to look for that. :?
-------------------------------
Why do I want to change that ?

Because I really like the ads, but the stores have a strong negative effect, to me.

I am coming from the beginning pilot's point of view : A cobra 3 with 20 Cargo capacitiy, no equipment and no money but the 100 credits (and 3 missiles).

Imo. yah constores do not only alter (strongly) trading gameplay, but also with so much cheap fuel around, right next to the witchpoint, it also can make visiting the main stations almost unnecessary (but for saving game / maintenance / passengers)

Here is what I am on about :
DaddyHoggy wrote:
You could also install YAH - those Constores occasionally offer crazy prices for stuff - sometimes when I jump into a system I'll check the system prices - dock with the Constore - off load my cargo - fill up with something else - fly to the main station - sell it, fill up with something else, fly back out to the constore, sell it, re-buy my original cargo and return to the main station and sell as intended (because the standard Oolite game, like Elite, doesn't update commodity prices or the amount available until you leave the system - you can do this) - even in my Cobby3 I can sometimes make 10K without leaving the system.
Hm-hm. Just that sometimes, with a 35t Cobra, you can fly up to 4 times to and fro until all the ridiculously profitable stuff is where it got paid most (for?).
And all the time, you are in pretty safe area, anyway. (Almost) no danger for a beginner.

Plus the stores 3 out of 4 times, they don't even rotate.
As the manual docking imo. should be dreaded by beginners, this no-rotation (=easy) gets rewarded with big profits - strange idea. :?

Look at this - WTF? 0.0 Credits ? And even in large amounts.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

snork wrote:
What does the & mean ?
In e.g.
price = (MARKET_BASE_PRICE + (MARKET_RND & MARKET_MASK_PRICE) + (economy * MARKET_ECO_ADJUST_PRICE)) & 255
It is one of the bitwise operators (the AND operator, to be precise). Here is some extra information:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitwise_operation
Zieman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zieman »

snork wrote:
Plus the stores 3 out of 4 times, they don't even rotate.
As the manual docking imo. should be dreaded by beginners, this no-rotation (=easy) gets rewarded with big profits - strange idea. :?
Funny,
I've never seen a Constore that doesn't rotate.
...and keep it under lightspeed!

Friendliest Meteor Police that side of Riedquat

[EliteWiki] Far Arm ships
[EliteWiki] Z-ships
[EliteWiki] Baakili Far Trader
[EliteWiki] Tin of SPAM