Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

hyperradio

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Geraldine
Deadly
Deadly
Location: Sunny Scotland. Anarchy System Tech Level 0 No Police Presence. Enter At Own Risk!

Re: hyperradio

Post by Geraldine »

Hey guys if you need a place to store stuff, you could always use the SSC download area too.I am sure Darkone (the site admin wont mind) :D Also looking forward to trying out bacontube's missing music packs. 8)
Geraldine
Elite IV Is Released. Now Keeping The Faith in Oolite, Pioneer & FFE3D :D
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Thanks, but I can store files of up to 100MB in my box account. Svengali has offered to supply me with bacontube's music-packs, which need a little tweaking of levels etc, but once I've done that I'll make them available.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

Diziet Sma wrote:
CommonSenseOTB wrote:
I've got all the soundpacks. Some are 36 and 38 MB and too big for me to host on the free box, max 25MB file size.
CommonSenseOTB wrote:
I'll look at that after I release my event driven music oxp, if no one else hosts those ambient music packs first that is. :lol:
How's this going, CSOTB? My Box account can handle the large file sizes, and I'd be happy to host the 2 missing packs of bacontube's..
  • Pack TN01 - Technofunk
  • Pack PSY01 - Ambient Psychedelic

(I'll also be releasing some new musicpacks soon..)
Looks like somebody else can handle those, my plate is too full.

The reactive music oxp has been ready and playing on my HDD for over 4 months. But I can't release it. The creative commons listed music, listed on 2 different websites, was actually copyrighted and not supposed to be there. So, I can't distribute it.

The large version that uses different music which is ok is very much too large and not suitable for this, not like the small version that I can't release.

Sorry guys, looks like I'll have too hunt down some similar music as in the small version but I'm sure it will not be easy and I don't have time right now.
Take an idea from one person and twist or modify it in a different way as a return suggestion so another person can see a part of it that can apply to the oxp they are working on.

CommonSense 'Outside-the-Box' Design Studios Ltd.
WIKI+OXPs
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

That's a huge bummer about your reactive music OXP.. hopefully you'll be able to sort it out easily..
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Ok..

I've adjusted the levels of bacontube's 2 musicpacks, made the OXPs Mac-friendly and re-packaged them, and put them up at box.com.

The [EliteWiki] wiki entry links have been edited to point to the new location, and file-sizes changed to match. (reducing levels has made the files a little smaller)

To save the people reading this from having to go to the wiki to get them, here are the direct download links:

Pack TN01 - Technofunk - hyperradioTN01.zip

Pack PSY01 - Ambient Psychedelic - hyperradioPSY01.zip

I've been listening to them, and quite liked both.. :D
Enjoy!
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Yodeebe wrote:
GroOvy space trance for your radios.
downloadable as WAV, for conversion to OGG or whatever.
I'm not sure how it works in hyperradio. should I make a music pack?

http://soundcloud.com/engine_ears/space-between-spaces

should I do some more?

maybe a bit more down tempo?

as an excuse for any imperfections, I should point out that it's all made up as I go along, mixed live, without a computer!

an early vid here, if anyones interested.

http://www.myspace.com/531006399
Can't seem to find this at the soundcloud link.. :( do you have a working link, Yodeebe?
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Diziet Sma wrote:
I've adjusted the levels of bacontube's 2 musicpacks, made the OXPs Mac-friendly and re-packaged them, and put them up at box.com.
Muchas gracias, Dizzy .-)
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Hey, thank you for sending them to me.. wouldn't have happened otherwise.. :D
zdoofop
Average
Average

Post by zdoofop »

CommonSenseOTB wrote:
Diziet Sma wrote:
CommonSenseOTB wrote:
I've got all the soundpacks. Some are 36 and 38 MB and too big for me to host on the free box, max 25MB file size.
CommonSenseOTB wrote:
I'll look at that after I release my event driven music oxp, if no one else hosts those ambient music packs first that is. :lol:
How's this going, CSOTB? My Box account can handle the large file sizes, and I'd be happy to host the 2 missing packs of bacontube's..
  • Pack TN01 - Technofunk
  • Pack PSY01 - Ambient Psychedelic

(I'll also be releasing some new musicpacks soon..)
Looks like somebody else can handle those, my plate is too full.

The reactive music oxp has been ready and playing on my HDD for over 4 months. But I can't release it. The creative commons listed music, listed on 2 different websites, was actually copyrighted and not supposed to be there. So, I can't distribute it.

The large version that uses different music which is ok is very much too large and not suitable for this, not like the small version that I can't release.

Sorry guys, looks like I'll have too hunt down some similar music as in the small version but I'm sure it will not be easy and I don't have time right now.
couldn't you just release the base code and let us choose our own music? I'd like to do that very much, and I would do it anyway whether or not you provided your own tracks, but this way, you wouldn't have to worry about copyright protection.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Yes, it would be very interesting to see the script...
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Hyperradio v1.26 is online.

Changes:
- Switched handling for playing to mode key (b).
Tricky
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Tricky »

What's with the weird characters after HyperRadio? It is in all of the missiontext entries.

Click image for larger version
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Tricky wrote:
What's with the weird characters after HyperRadio? It is in all of the missiontext entries.
I've been meaning to mention that.. I think it's something to do with the new string expansion routines in 1.77.

(But it's a Snoopers bug.. not a HyperRadio one)
Tricky
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Tricky »

Diziet Sma wrote:
Tricky wrote:
I've been meaning to mention that.. I think it's something to do with the new string expansion routines in 1.77.

(But it's a Snoopers bug.. not a HyperRadio one)
It's in the HyperRadio OXP. Look in missiontext.plist of that OXP.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Oops.. :oops: my bad.. Since Snoopers does the reporting, I thought that's where it was located. Sorry.