Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

RepairBots OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

DredgerMan
Deadly
Deadly
Location: Some buggy planet at the edge of the known universe

Re: RepairBots OXP

Post by DredgerMan »

cim wrote:
Bug confirmed in 1.76.1 (and probably previous versions too). Presumably never spotted before because all the warnings that requires_cargo_space was useless meant that it never got used in OXPs. I will add another line to those warnings, I suppose.

Already fixed in trunk because Eric's changes to make requires_cargo_space actually require the cargo space make it impossible to fill your hold too full.

I've committed a fix for it to the 1.76 maintenance branch. Since this is currently the only bugfix in that branch since the release of 1.76.1 it's unlikely that there will be a 1.76.2 soon, so you should probably remove the requires_cargo_space line for now (or update your requires.plist to 1.77 and maintain two separate versions for a while)
I've removed the offending line, restarted and with another repair system and a full load crashed into the station again. Apart from a slight headache, the repair system is still there. :)
Flying The Sizzlin' Suzie VI, a trusty and venerable Boa Class Cruiser in Oolite 1.84 on

under Windows 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 64-bit
with a Geforce GT610 videocard
DredgerMan
Deadly
Deadly

Post by DredgerMan »

Thargoid wrote:
OK I've updated to v2.09, basically with temporary removal of the 2t requirement. I'll put it back in again (and reverse the reversal) when 1.77 comes out as I don't want to maintain two versions.

Thanks for the assistance and expert bug-finding ;)
Hear hear for me too!

I thought the next stable version was going to be 1.78? I think i read somewhere that stable versions were even-ended and trial versions odd ended?
Flying The Sizzlin' Suzie VI, a trusty and venerable Boa Class Cruiser in Oolite 1.84 on

DredgerMan
Deadly
Deadly

Post by DredgerMan »

Ok, good news is that someone lobbed a hardhead at me, I died and upon restarting I still had the repair system. Yay! :D

Bad news is that I died. Again. :x

Ok, that's it. Purity or not, I am going to get myself a Python. They at least can stand up to a hardhead without getting overly damaged, even without mil shield. Cobbies are good, don't get me wrong. But I refuse to turn tails on a git who thinks he is da man by throwing hardheads around.

Pythons rock!

Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

DredgerMan wrote:
Pythons rock!
They do indeed, but rather slowly..... :wink:
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
DredgerMan
Deadly
Deadly

Post by DredgerMan »

Smivs wrote:
DredgerMan wrote:
Pythons rock!
They do indeed, but rather slowly..... :wink:
How many bricks have you seen win a race in the Olympics, eh? They don't have to be the fastest around. Just make the impact when necessary.

:)

Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Don't get me wrong - I like Pythons. I flew one for quite some time and loved every minute of it :)
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Can you take this meeting of the python fanclub to another thread please?

The nanobots are trying to get some sleep ;)
DredgerMan
Deadly
Deadly

Post by DredgerMan »

Thargoid wrote:
Can you take this meeting of the python fanclub to another thread please?

The nanobots are trying to get some sleep ;)
Will try to do so, Thargoid. But the Pythons aren't the fastest of movers so it may take a while. :lol:

Neelix
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Neelix »

That 2 tonne cargo requirement just about drove me mad... I had been playing with RB 2.09 under 1.77.1 and never knew anything about it. When I upgraded to 1.80 I installed the oxz version of RB 2.10 not expecting it to be any different, then I couldn't for the life of me work out why my cargo capacity was down by 2 tonnes... It doesn't help that there is no reference to it on the wiki either.

Eventually found it by opening each OXZ in turn and inspecting the equipment.plist

- Neelix
Talaxian Enterprises: [wiki]Vacuum Pump[/wiki] [wiki]Waypoint Here[/wiki]
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

It's listed in the readme file of the OXP, which unfortunately in the new OXZ format is a bit lost in the filing.

When I get some time I'll have to go through the wiki pages and update them to add that kind of information, or perhaps host the readme's somewhere else and link them separately.
Lone_Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lone_Wolf »

Thargoid,

i'm thinking of introducing loss of functionality for my shield cycler devices.
Maybe repairbots could be changed to handle partial repairs ?

Example :
SC device is down to 60 %
every 5 seconds repairbots increase SC device functionality by 2 % until it's 100% again.
The time and increase could be fixed, or configurable (preferred) by equipment oxps.
If OxpConfig is used for this, you could also allow users to change repair settings, maybe even set priorities.

OXPs : My user page

Retired, reachable at [email protected]
Zireael
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zireael »

Lone_Wolf wrote:
Thargoid,

i'm thinking of introducing loss of functionality for my shield cycler devices.
Maybe repairbots could be changed to handle partial repairs ?

Example :
SC device is down to 60 %
every 5 seconds repairbots increase SC device functionality by 2 % until it's 100% again.
The time and increase could be fixed, or configurable (preferred) by equipment oxps.
If OxpConfig is used for this, you could also allow users to change repair settings, maybe even set priorities.
This would be better handled by another OXP, IMHO. It could be named PartialRepairBots :)
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

It wouldn't be compatible with how RB works.

It's not designed to deal with sliding scale equipment, only binary fixed/broken items.
vsfc
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by vsfc »

Hi Everyone!

Posting from the thread http://oolite.aegidian.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16965

I have a question regarding Self Repair System. I noticed that every time I launch from the station with broken equipment it uses one recharge. So if I re-dock several times I pretty quickly run out of recharges and nothing will be repaired. Is it correct behavior?

Thanks a lot!
vsfc
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Well, it is, and it isn't, "normal" behaviour..

My guess is, it's stuck on trying to fix one particular item that it's having trouble with.. I've noticed that, although it picks a broken item at random from those available, once it's chosen one, it will obsess on trying to fix that item, rather than giving up and trying something else, if it can't fix it. I've had it do this trying to "repair" a ship's cat..

You may have to bite the bullet and pay to get whatever the problematic device is, fixed.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied