Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Trunk nightly

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: Trunk nightly

Post by another_commander »

Cody wrote:
Back to the 'stutter' for a second - it's very noticeable when moving the cursor (with the arrow keys) on F6 (it used to move smoothly).
Cannot reproduce this after a quick pair of tests and I think being on the F6 screen does not have any bearing on the issue. Assuming that the current theory that the game is waiting for a texture to complete loading is correct, the wait may just have happened while doing something on the chart screen and it could/would have happened all the same in any other screen, be it GUI or flight.

If you believe that the F6 screen could be related, please revert to a previous version and retry doing what you did before (exact same steps). Revert multiple times between previous and current version and pay attention to compare only cases where number of entities and collisions are similar, because this is also a big differentiator and a reason why precise testing is difficult in Oolite.
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

another_commander wrote:
Cody wrote:
Back to the 'stutter' for a second - it's very noticeable when moving the cursor (with the arrow keys) on F6 (it used to move smoothly).
Cannot reproduce this after a quick pair of tests and I think being on the F6 screen does not have any bearing on the issue.
We do currently have planet texture preloading enabled, so moving the cursor around the F6 screen will set texture generation going. That should end up safely in a side thread, but maybe not all of it is...
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

CaptSolo wrote:
The reference to learorce.png has me baffled as there is no such image file, nor did I bring up Learorce on the F7 screen at any time.
The exception should be fixed, which may or may not have anything to do with those beams.

Something in one of the OXPs you have has assigned a "learorce.png" texture to some planet (or maybe an ex-OXP set that texture in your save file for a planet), though.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

another_commander wrote:
Cody wrote:
If you believe that the F6 screen could be related, please revert to a previous version and retry doing what you did before (exact same steps). Revert multiple times between previous and current version and pay attention to compare only cases where number of entities and collisions are similar, because this is also a big differentiator and a reason why precise testing is difficult in Oolite.
For anyone using the update script in conjunction with the nightly build, (such as Cody or myself) this is not really possible..

Does the nighties server archive prior versions, or just discard them? If they were archived, it might be possible to create a reversion script. Even if only the two previous versions were retained on a rotating basis, it could prove very handy in comparison testing situations such as this.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Cody wrote:
The docking protocol problems are happening quite often, btw... I got mashed last night by a launching ship.
A few docking protocol bugs are fixed in a54c729, which will be part of tonight's build - ships launching while you're cleared for approach, and unexpected "no suitable launch docks" messages should both be gone, as is at least one cause of "ship stuck on approach not moving" (though there may be more than one cause of that)
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

cim wrote:
A few docking protocol bugs are fixed in a54c729, which will be part of tonight's build - ships launching while you're cleared for approach, and unexpected "no suitable launch docks" messages should both be gone, as is at least one cause of "ship stuck on approach not moving" (though there may be more than one cause of that)
Thanks, Admiral - that combination had made docking somewhat tricky lately.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
CaptSolo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CaptSolo »

cim wrote:
Something in one of the OXPs you have has assigned a "learorce.png" texture to some planet (or maybe an ex-OXP set that texture in your save file for a planet), though.
Yes, that is quite likely the case. I'll dig through my saved game.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Guys, we seem to have too many open subjects in one thread alone. I would kindly ask that new bug reports be made in their own thread, possibly with [Trunk] included in the title so that we know that we refer to the development version. I have already moved Keeper's yaw deadzone issue to its own topic. Thanks.
CaptSolo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CaptSolo »

another_commander wrote:
I would kindly ask that new bug reports be made in their own thread...
Understood, AC.

My problem resolved as the ever brilliant Cim brought back to mind an abandoned WIP of mine that wrote several local_planetinfo_overrides to a saved game. Once the offending lines were removed, order was restored.

This is Learorce on F7 before and after:
Cody

Re: Trunk nightly 1.79.0.5599-140205-b200f0c

Post by Cody »

cim wrote:
... ships launching while you're cleared for approach...
I just had a station launch two slow ships immediately after giving me clearance - first occasion since the fix.
I've also seen two Adders launch, take a short tour of the way-points, then return and dock - not seen that for a while either.
Cody

Re: Trunk nightly 1.79.0.5647-140219-683b81a

Post by Cody »

I haven't managed much flight time this week, but I got out there tonight - and had a CTD. Running the usual set of OXPs, with test OXPs disabled. I'd been wanting the chance to follow one of the 'elusive taunters' again, and tonight I found one - but as I was about to dive into its wormhole cloud, the CTD happened.

I have had a little trouble with gfx drivers over the past week, but it didn't feel as if it was related to that.
Pleb
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Pleb »

Quick problem with latest build - I get the following error when trying to update the OXZ list on Oolite:

And this is the log entry:

Code: Select all

22:50:34.258 [plist.parse.failed]: Failed to parse C:\Oolite-New/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/Caches/org.aegidian.oolite/Oolite-download.plist as a property list.
Parse failed at line 282 (char 10387) - unexpected character (wanted ';' or '}')
22:50:34.260 [oxz.manager.error]: Downloaded manifest was not a valid plist, has been left in C:\Oolite-New/oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/Caches/org.aegidian.oolite/Oolite-download.plist
I think this is a problem with the plist not the build though...
Desktop PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790K Quad Core 4.4GHz (Turbo-Charged) GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti RAM: 32GB DDR3

Laptop PC: CPU: Intel i5-10300H Quad Core 4.5GHz (Turbo-Charged) GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 RAM: 32GB DDR4
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Yup. The line that kills it is this:
file_size = 168,938;
The comma is the culrprit. And the identifier of the OXZ is:
identifier = "oolite.oxp.Diziet.Q-Bomb-Detector";

I also note in your screenshot that the string [oolite-oxzmanager-update-list] does not get expanded to "Update expansions list".
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Fixed the OXZ list.

The string expansion should be fixed in tonight's build.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

another_commander wrote:
Yup. The line that kills it is this:
file_size = 168,938;
The comma is the culrprit. And the identifier of the OXZ is:
identifier = "oolite.oxp.Diziet.Q-Bomb-Detector";
Oops.. :oops:
I should fix, yes?
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied