Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Screenshots

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

dalek501 wrote:
DaddyHoggy wrote:
It has been suggested (ok, I suggested) that both be present - but they should be different factions if somebody would be kind enough to build a Thargoid Civil War OXP (although how this would fit in with Selezen's Elite OO/Universe's timeline I don't know).
Maybe we could have a Doctor Who/Daleks situation... like the "Cult of Skaro". Maybe a section of the Thargoids wanted better ways to defeat humans, and so started to become them to think like them. Leading them to develop these new more human style ships? Meanwhile the original more alien Thargoids disliked this, thinking the race should be pure, and a civil war was started? These Thargoids still fly the more alien looking ships?
Equally valid as the back-story for the RTS game Total Annihilation too!
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Hmm, this could dovetail quite nicely (with a bit of re-arranging) with my infamous first OXP (TCAT), should I ever get enough nanoseconds strung together to actually resume work on it (not likely in the near future).
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

And, what about INRA starting to develop super-soldiers who are modelled after thargoids a bit, to better understand and defeat them, who have had their fear glands removed and are networked brainwise - and they get out of hand?

The possibilities could be endless - there might even be a covert operation in which humans and thargoids (the "originals") are forced to work together to hunt down their respective "Cults of Skaro" ...

And who says the Ooniverse will work out according to Selezen's timeline - perhaps there will even be a peace accord with the thargoids or somesuch (as the result of an epic mission series, of course)? :shock:

Brainstorming L
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

To tease you a bit more...
Nemoricus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Nemoricus »

Nice.

Any clues as to how long it will be before this is ready?
Dream as if you'll live forever
Live as if you'll die tomorrow
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Every time this thread comes up as having an unread post I get a tingle of excitement!

Nice one Svengali!

So is GCI - ships, missions, planetary/culture changes - some/all/none - delete as appropriate.
Selezen wrote:
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

:-)
Nemoricus wrote:
Any clues as to how long it will be before this is ready?
It's far away from being ready to go, I'd say 50% is done. But my list is still long and the next two weeks will be RL-intensive. But from time to time I'll drop a screenie in and when it's done I'll make a vid about some basic features. Specially some of the new features are... new :-)
DaddyHoggy wrote:
So is GCI - ships, missions, planetary/culture changes - some/all/none - delete as appropriate.
Missions with ships, I'd say :-) Localhero2 follows the same schemata like the first versions, but this time a 'bit' more complex. My old script structure wasn't flexible enough for all features and ideas, so I've had to do everything from scratch (probably with a lot of shiny new bugs). And when 1.73 is there I've to stick my nose into normalmapping.
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

Svengali wrote:
To tease you a bit more...
Is Charlie also working on UFO:AI?
http://ufoai.ninex.info/wiki/index.php/ ... nterceptor

Screet
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

Wow Svengali,

Really Really nice!. Look forward to seeing those ships inspace. :)
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

Svengali wrote:
:D :D :D

Go, Svengali, go!

Looking forwards to this 8)

L
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Re: .

Post by Svengali »

pagroove wrote:
Really Really nice!. Look forward to seeing those ships inspace.
Lestradae wrote:
Go, Svengali, go!
It's hard to speed up the work. Yesterday my graphics card tried to be a trumble-lemming and headed to the sun :-) Boom!!! R.I.P. :-(
DaddyHoggy

Re: .

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Svengali wrote:
pagroove wrote:
Really Really nice!. Look forward to seeing those ships inspace.
Lestradae wrote:
Go, Svengali, go!
It's hard to speed up the work. Yesterday my graphics card tried to be a trumble-lemming and headed to the sun :-) Boom!!! R.I.P. :-(
Oops :( Do you have access to a spare? Where are you based? AGP or PCI-E? I can have a rummage through my needs-to-go-on-ebay-but-i-don't-have-the-time box and dig you something out to tie you over...
Selezen wrote:
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

Fab looking ships Svengali!
Sorry to hear about your graphics card breaking down. I had a matrox brand card once that knitted itself a really cosy blanket around its chips out of bits of dust and fluff it sucked out of the air until all it could do was display random flashing squares of colour all over the Bios screen, it was quite trippy, it would have gone well with some pink floyd.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
Oops Sad Do you have access to a spare? Where are you based? AGP or PCI-E? I can have a rummage through my needs-to-go-on-ebay-but-i-don't-have-the-time box and dig you something out to tie you over...
Wow, DaddyHoggy. Muchas gracias for your offer (it IS the friendliest board). But it is not necessary, cause I've got PickupService for this machine and the guarantee is still valid. The service team will have some fun with this machine. Rounding errors, memtests failed, melted graphics card and probably other broken components. ACPI Temps over 80°C from one moment to the other and possibly a not really connected HeatPipe. So their 'standard' program for testing machines won't work :-)
Griff wrote:
Fab looking ships Svengali!
Sorry to hear about your graphics card breaking down. I had a matrox brand card once that knitted itself a really cosy blanket around its chips out of bits of dust and fluff it sucked out of the air until all it could do was display random flashing squares of colour all over the Bios screen, it was quite trippy, it would have gone well with some pink floyd.
Yeah, but I was missing the pink. A GeForce likes it more with red (isn't it ATI?) and green (looks like a 80th pacman game, blocky sprites all over the screen) :-)
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

It's pic time before I go on holiday ...

One for DaddyHoggy - thanks for the helping hand 8)

... and a very special OSE system (planetary texture from my personal crossover between Famous Planets 2.0 and System Redux, the texture not from/in OSE V0.5):

... last but not least, a Bandersnatch on landing approach on a planetary surface, already in atmospheric descent:

Have a good time everyone :D

L