Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

Scarecrow
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Scarecrow »

I'm trying to upload an avatar user pic for the forums. When I try, though I get a load of error code and the image doesn't upload.

The image is 100x100 and only 4k so I'm sure it's not the image causing the problem.

Just thought you should know.

Crow

The code I get is as follows:

Code: Select all

Warning: move_uploaded_file(./images/avatars/104117246349798de9e6edc.jpg) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/aegidian/public_html/bb/includes/usercp_avatar.php on line 288

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpEJyuWg' to './images/avatars/104117246349798de9e6edc.jpg' in /home/aegidian/public_html/bb/includes/usercp_avatar.php on line 288

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/aegidian/public_html/bb/includes/usercp_avatar.php:288) in /home/aegidian/public_html/bb/includes/page_header.php on line 483

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/aegidian/public_html/bb/includes/usercp_avatar.php:288) in /home/aegidian/public_html/bb/includes/page_header.php on line 485

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/aegidian/public_html/bb/includes/usercp_avatar.php:288) in /home/aegidian/public_html/bb/includes/page_header.php on line 486
Senior Artist - Blitz Games
My other work
The Crow's Nest
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Try again.
Scarecrow
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Scarecrow »

Done! Cheers!

Crow
Senior Artist - Blitz Games
My other work
The Crow's Nest
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

Smashing! Thanks for fixing the avatars, Ahruman, I've got my pirate avatar at last instead of a box with a x in
Last edited by Griff on Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Oops, I see lots of new avatars suddenly! :)
Azathoth
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Azathoth »

Just tried to upload Avatar but got the same error as Scarecrow. Anyone in the know care to help?
Gimi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Gimi »

Azathoth wrote:
Just tried to upload Avatar but got the same error as Scarecrow. Anyone in the know care to help?
There is a security issue with the folder where the avatars are stored, so the feature is disabled for now. Sry.

Look here: https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?t=5753
"A brilliant game of blasting and trading... Truly a mega-game... The game of a lifetime."
(Gold Medal Award, Zzap!64 May 1985).
Azathoth
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Azathoth »

OK. Thanks for the info.
saint
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by saint »

When will we be able to upload an avatar or use a link to a remote resource again ?

Thanks in advance
Cmdr. Saint, Golden Gladstone with 4 leaves Clovers of the Most Noble Order or The B.D.c.
Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

saint wrote:
When will we be able to upload an avatar or use a link to a remote resource again ?

Thanks in advance
Maybe when software pirates stop trying to use the avatar system to archive warez. :roll:
Running Oolite buttery smooth & rock stable w/ tons of eyecandy oxps on:
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
128GB NVMe M.2 SSD (Boot drive)
1TB Hybrid HDD (For software and games)
EVGA GTX-1070 SC
1080P Samsung large screen monitor
saint
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by saint »

Cmdr Wyvern wrote:
saint wrote:

Thanks in advance
Maybe when software pirates stop trying to use the avatar system to archive warez. :roll:
That translates in "never". Too bad. This could create A class users and B class users somewhat... I can accept the block since it's the move to do, unless until someone writes a better validation routine (i.e. check magic numbers and such... maybe spawning 'file' or the java tool 'jhove' to validate the image). But none of the standard avatars says "this is saint", nor the empty avatar does :(.

phpbb, and you know the bugs you run :twisted:
Cmdr. Saint, Golden Gladstone with 4 leaves Clovers of the Most Noble Order or The B.D.c.
bones0
Average
Average

Post by bones0 »

Yeah, true... somehow It's not funny to look at your icons and know I can't upload mine. But as regular internet users we are used to get punished for stuff some kiddies have done, right? Hillarious spam fighting techniques, unreadable captchas even if you are already logged in etc. are daily companions.

Reminds me I should have a talk with our ISP in the office too. I don't like it that I have to set folders to 777 because the FTP-user I use for uploading and the user the webserver is running with are not even in the same group :-(

Regards
Peter
saint
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by saint »

bones0 wrote:
Reminds me I should have a talk with our ISP in the office too. I don't like it that I have to set folders to 777 because the FTP-user I use for uploading and the user the webserver is running with are not even in the same group
Hmm... I would serve yout ISP to Hesperus :)