OE/Trunk: Galactic Misjump

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

OE/Trunk: Galactic Misjump

Post by Screet »

Hi,

just had a strange thing. Confused me so much that initially I went to suggestion box :D

I just wanted to make a galactic jump but the misjump analyzer told me of a disturbance 0.0 ly ahead. I went on with the jump and did end up in the next galaxy. However, after showing me the planet and some welcome messages, oolite stopped responding and began to eat memory until it crashed.

It was Oolite Extended v0.8 Install-1.74.0.2912.exe however I doubt that it's fromthe OE additions which is why I'm reporting it here. I tried to reproduce via a forced misjump, but that seems not to work on galactic jumps.

Any ideas? Did anyone else ever have such a thing happen?

Screet
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Re: OE/Trunk: Galactic Misjump

Post by Eric Walch »

Screet wrote:
Install-1.74.0.2912.exe however I doubt that it's fromthe OE additions which is why I'm reporting it here. I tried to reproduce via a forced misjump, but that seems not to work on galactic jumps.

Any ideas? Did anyone else ever have such a thing happen?

Screet
I just tried to reproduce with 1.74.0.2913, but it went flawless for me.

The misjump analyser creates a scripted misjump, so I set:

Code: Select all

player.ship.scriptedMisjump = true
player.ship.awardEquipment("EQ_GAL_DRIVE")
I also got the misjump warning but ended without side effects in the new galaxy. The scriptedMisjump was reset correctly after the galactic jump.

Giving the warning on a galactic jump is a bug in the misjump analyser. The chance of both happening on the same jump is small, but I have now added a specific check for this situation for a next release.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

I tried reproducing this by setting scriptedMisjump=true multiple times during jumps, including galactic ones. I had the memory overflow once out of many attempts. I believe that this is related to the new planet code and has nothing to do with the scripted misjumps themselves.