Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Black Monk banks invunerable?

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Chrisfs
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Chrisfs »

Hi Wildstar,
I know the black monk ships can be shot. I was wondering about the Monasteries.

on the good news i managed to kill a black monk ship with military lasers and whatever stock, turrets might be working on my damaged OMEGA
Chrisfs lemme know if u need any more help on this.
wildstar
Competent
Competent

Post by wildstar »

Chrisfs wrote:
Hi Wildstar,
I know the black monk ships can be shot. I was wondering about the Monasteries.
yeah i yet to find one Oo sorry.

if can give me the coordinates include

<key>current_system_name</key>
<key>galaxy_coordinates</key>
<string>24 23</string>
<key>galaxy_number</key>
<integer>3</integer>
<key>galaxy_seed</key>
<string>82 210 66 16 154 189</string>
idk what the seed is but i suspect it probably needed idk.
then tell me which way to head (near or on planet) or distance out from some points might be helpeful if it is not obvious
Image B4 = Elite on c64 & now = Oolite1.73.4repositories UBUNTU OpenGL2.1.2 NVIDIA180.44 & vertex shaders eVGA GeForce7950GT512 P4-3.2mhz/3gb
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

wildstar: Try this way, it's easier than just looking around hoping that you will find one, and you can use this method for any other ship you want to spawn, too:
1. Open the shipdata.plist of Black Monks and see what is the role of the Monastery (I believe there is a role inside the roleset called "monkbranch". I will use this but I have an old version of the OXP, so confirm what role there is in your copy and use that).
2. Download the Debug Console from here and the Debug OXP from the wiki. Install the Debug OXP as you would with any other OXP.
3. Run the Debug Console executable, then launch Oolite. You will see messages in the console window that Oolite is connecting and communicating with it.
4. Launch from station, switch to the console window and type:

Code: Select all

:spawn monkbranch
Note the colon at start, it is required. A Black Monk monastery will appear in the main game window within scanner range.

If you want to spawn other ships, you can do so in a similar way. :spawn is a macro that takes the role of the ship to spawn as a parameter. So, if you want a trader, you would do :spawn trader and the game would pick one of the ships in the ship pool that has the role "trader" and spawn it.
wildstar
Competent
Competent

Post by wildstar »

another_commander wrote:
wildstar: Try this way, it's easier than just looking around hoping that you will find one, and you can use this way for any other ship you want to spawn, too:
1. Open the shipdata.plist of Black Monks and see what is the role of the Monastery (I believe there is a role inside the roleset called "monkbranch". I will use this but I have an old version of the OXP, so confirm what role there is in your copy and use that).
2. Download the Debug Console from here and the Debug OXP from the wiki. Install the Debug OXP as you would with any other OXP.
3. Run the Debug Console executable, then launch Oolite. You will see messages in the console window that Oolite is connecting and communicating with it.
4. Launch from station, switch to the console window and type:

:spawn monkbranch
Note the colon at start, it is required. A Black Monk monastery will appear in the main game window.

If you want to spawn other ships, you can do so in a similar way. :spawn is a macro that takes the role of the ship to spawn as a parameter. So, if you want a trader, you would do :spawn trader and the game would pick one of the ships in the ship pool that has the role "trader" and spawn it.
thank you AC but fact is i been wanting to do this as described for earlier tests i wished to perform but found no way to get it to work on my ubuntu. from what i read it would seem there is a mac and i think a windows version for this but not for linux?
Image B4 = Elite on c64 & now = Oolite1.73.4repositories UBUNTU OpenGL2.1.2 NVIDIA180.44 & vertex shaders eVGA GeForce7950GT512 P4-3.2mhz/3gb
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

I am pretty sure it has worked on Linux too, but I cannot give any guidelines for that. We'll have to wait for one of the Linux gurus to pop in and provide enlightment.
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

The console used to work in linux, and that's how: inside the zip file you'll see an exe, and OoDebugConsole_Src.zip

Extract OoDebugConsole_src to whatever directory you want.

To run the debug console in linux you need to have python 2.6 installed and the python-twisted library

to quote from the readme inside the console download:
You can run the python code _as is_ on macs and linux systems, but you need to install the twisted-python library first - http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/Downloads
from the command line you should be able to run the debug console by typing

./DebugConsole.py
- you need to be in the same directory as DebugConsole.py for that command to work, of course...
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

Hmm maybe there's a better way of doing this. spawn a monk station then spawn 20 terrorisers round it.

Pop a tinny, (if your of the age and inclination for cranial medication) and watch the show. :D
Last edited by ClymAngus on Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wildstar
Competent
Competent

Post by wildstar »

ok sounds great i have python will vrfy i have the twisted kind lol
and whats a tinny?
Cmdr James
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Cmdr James »

A tinny is a beer.
Chrisfs
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Chrisfs »

Cmdr James wrote:
A tinny is a beer.
Then it would be oral medication. Aural medication would either be listening to the beer being popped open or pouring it in your ear. :lol:

I don't know any code wise ways of finding them. Buy yourself an advanced space compass and head to a planet with over 10 tech. They are practically always there when I go there. On the West side of G1 that would be Zaonce, On the other side, Top area, Tiave and a number of systems with 7 ly of it will have them.
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

Chrisfs wrote:
Cmdr James wrote:
A tinny is a beer.
Then it would be oral medication. Aural medication would either be listening to the beer being popped open or pouring it in your ear. :lol:
Fixed, hey can't be right all the time. Still could have been worse..... could have said anal.
Cmdr James
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Cmdr James »

ClymAngus wrote:
Fixed, hey can't be right all the time. Still could have been worse..... could have said anal.
I thought everyone took beer anally? You dont mean to say you drink it do you?
Zieman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zieman »

To shed some light on the guestion (thread title):
energy_recharge_rate = 100;
max_energy = 9999999;

So it looks like the damned thing is pretty much invulnerable.

BTW, what does the energy_recharge_rate number really mean?
energy units recharged per second?
energy units recharged per frame?
energy unit percentage recharged per second?
energy unit percentage recharged per frame?
something else, please specify?
...and keep it under lightspeed!

Friendliest Meteor Police that side of Riedquat

[EliteWiki] Far Arm ships
[EliteWiki] Z-ships
[EliteWiki] Baakili Far Trader
[EliteWiki] Tin of SPAM
wildstar
Competent
Competent

Post by wildstar »

Zieman wrote:
To shed some light on the guestion (thread title):
energy_recharge_rate = 100;
max_energy = 9999999;

So it looks like the damned thing is pretty much invulnerable.

BTW, what does the energy_recharge_rate number really mean?
energy units recharged per second?
energy units recharged per frame?
energy unit percentage recharged per second?
energy unit percentage recharged per frame?
something else, please specify?
NICE!!! good job! and to add to your question what defines how many energy banks you have like the OMEGA i have says 8 i think. and whats the max LOL
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

Cmdr James wrote:
ClymAngus wrote:
I thought everyone took beer anally? You dont mean to say you drink it do you?
Remind me never to come to one of your shin digs (unless I have 3 feet of rubber tubing, a funnel, lube, rubber gloves and a bumper pack of minty fresh surgical wipes. Cocktails anybody? Yehaw!)

Black monks Vs sphinctorial beverage consumption. I suppose I only have myself to blame. I appologise. I'm going to go wash my brain fluid out with bleach now........