planetinfo.plist question (@devs, presumably)

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

planetinfo.plist question (@devs, presumably)

Post by Lestradae »

I couldn't divine an answer to this from the wiki.

If I have the same system altered by two or more oxp's planetinfo plists in a regard that doesn't clash (i.e. system "0 150" gets a galactic navy base entry in its text by one oxp and gets a station spawned under a condition by another oxp, and a third oxp also spawns something else) - will the plists completely overwrite each other concerning the fictional system "0 150" or will Oolite combine the information from all three?

With more and more oxps changing infos in systems (GN, OSE playerstations, Ionics, Assassins, Famous Planets ...) I guess the answer to this question might be of interest to more people here.

Thanks in advance for an answer to this 8)

L
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

I think if two OXPs add stuff to the same system (moons planets ships stations etc) with planetinfo, that'll be okay and the stuff added by both OXPs will be present. But if both tried to change the techlevel, govenement, name, main station type (as opposed to an extra station) etc, then only one will be read.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.