Trunk: Changes to subentity sanity check?

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Trunk: Changes to subentity sanity check?

Post by Screet »

Hi,

have there been recent changes to the sanity check for subentities? I'm pretty much used to these log lines, but typically they involve two normal ships...now it reads (multiple times)

Code: Select all

[ship.subentity.sanityCheck.failed.details]: Attempt to set subentity taking damage of <ShipEntity 0x16f04ea8>{"Mako S"} to <ShipEntity 0x15eb1250>{"?" ID: 0 position: (0, 0, 0) scanClass: CLASS_NOT_SET status: STATUS_INACTIVE}, which is not a subentity.
[ship.subentity.sanityCheck.failed.details]: Attempt to set subentity taking damage of <ShipEntity 0x16f04ea8>{"Mako S"} to <ShipEntity 0x15eb4418>{"?" ID: 0 position: (0, 0, 0) scanClass: CLASS_NOT_SET status: STATUS_INACTIVE}, which is not a subentity.
Although the entities change, it's ID:0 at 0,0,0 which I find pretty strange...

Screet
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

In the past month or so there has been some reworking of the caching code, which might well be the reason why the subentities in that log snippet are already listed as being null.

This is a total stab in the dark, but it looks like Mako S could do with some bugfixing. Where is that from originally?
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

Simon
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

Anything more specific? :)
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

Methinks, wakapiko0109 or wakatoro0109 oxp.

Or was there a third one of that Maori (I think?) series?

Hope that helps :wink:

L

PS: When back, I'll also look into it and publish my findings plus tell Simon - if no one else has solved this till then!
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

Kaks wrote:
This is a total stab in the dark, but it looks like Mako S could do with some bugfixing. Where is that from originally?
This really happens to many different ships...I do not think that all those ships are buggy, I rather expect that it's something in general wrong by trying to link ships with subentities that do not belong to them. Often the same log message happened for two real ships before, thus it tried to consider one ship to be a subentity of the other!

In this case, Mako S comes with OSE, but I don't know which of Simons packages it is from.

Screet