Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

CascadeMissile.. NEU..

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Cmdr James
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Cmdr James »

The price is based on the base value, an element of randomness, and the differrence in tech level between the place you buy the ship and that of the equipment. So stuff is generally cheaper at higher tech level shipyards.

So if you have equipment with a tech level of 99 (which some are) and buy a ship with it pre installed at a level 10 shipyard you are going to be paying a massive premium for it. Unless anyone has been playing silly buggers with new stations in OXPs, there are no level 99 shipyards!
Ramirez
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ramirez »

Just a note to say I've updated M&B to v2.2 to set all the equipment, including the Cascade Missile, as being available to all.
Download Resistance Commander plus many other exciting OXPs HERE
Zbond-Zbond
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zbond-Zbond »

I am quite happy for NEU only being available to some ships, as per their design spec.

However in this case the ship, Pallas, does have

Code: Select all

<key>optional_equipment</key>
		<array>
			<string>EQ_ECM</string>
			<string>EQ_CARGO_BAY</string>
			<string>EQ_FUEL_SCOOPS</string>
			<string>EQ_PASSENGER_BERTH</string>
			<string>EQ_ESCAPE_POD</string>
			<string>EQ_ENERGY_BOMB</string>
			<string>EQ_ENERGY_UNIT</string>
			<string>EQ_NAVAL_ENERGY_UNIT</string>
included in spec.

I have found one for sale, with NEU installed, but have not yet found the NEU available to purchase in shipyard, although I have completed that mission.

Additionally, by purchasing a different ship, one which also permits the purchased of NEU, and flying to TL..14 I have found that NavalEnergyUnit is not on the list of equipment available for that ship (SeymourClassCargoSled), either.

It may be that the NEU was more readily available than intended with 1.65 or it may be that the NEU is unavailable with 1.73 -- to commanders who have completed the appropriate mission -- for some othjer reason.[/code]
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Zbond-Zbond wrote:
Additionally, by purchasing a different ship, one which also permits the purchased of NEU, and flying to TL..14 I have found that NavalEnergyUnit is not on the list of equipment available for that ship (SeymourClassCargoSled), either.

It may be that the NEU was more readily available than intended with 1.65 or it may be that the NEU is unavailable with 1.73 -- to commanders who have completed the appropriate mission -- for some othjer reason.[/code]
Best thing is to make sure no oxp has changed this availability. When you have the console installed, type:

EquipmentInfo.infoForKey("EQ_NAVAL_ENERGY_UNIT").techLevel
It should return 99. Only with this value it can be changed by script. (e.g. RS sets this value at 16 and it stays that high so it cant be bought normally anymore.)

If the value returns correctly 99, type:

EquipmentInfo.infoForKey("EQ_NAVAL_ENERGY_UNIT").effectiveTechLevel
When the special mission is still uncompleted, it should read also 99, when completed it should read 13. When anything else returns it is a sign an other oxp changed it. But this type of change is stored in the save file and stays permanent for that commander. Removing the oxp wont help anymore. (Cheating helps in that case, by typing: "EquipmentInfo.infoForKey("EQ_NAVAL_ENERGY_UNIT").effectiveTechLevel=13", and saving that commander.)
Zbond-Zbond
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zbond-Zbond »

Eric Walch wrote:
Best thing is to make sure no oxp has changed this availability. When you have the console installed, type:

Code:
EquipmentInfo.infoForKey("EQ_NAVAL_ENERGY_UNIT").techLevel
It should return 99. Only with this value it can be changed by script. (e.g. RS sets this value at 16 and it stays that high so it cant be bought normally anymore.)
Thanks for advice. However when I have console open I can't find anywhere to type anything, that returns any information.

The console windows all seem to be some sort of .log file -- apart from one which is just "console" but that won't accept anything either. I'm probably being dense here: am I supposed to type in the field with the magnifying glass, or somewhere else? I can't seem to type anything anywhere else, but when I do nothing happens..
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Eric is not talking about the console window, but about the JS-console which (on a Mac) comes as part of Debug.oxp, and is accessible through the new "Debug" menu (choose "Show JavaScript Console"). In this JS-console you can type any JS-command which you can use in a script as well, and it produces immediate results in your Ooniverse.

If you're not on a Mac, there are explanations in the relevant threads (search for Debug.oxp) on how to set up a console in conjunction with Debug.oxp. There is also a short description on the whole thing, and on how to integrate it with a typable console in the Wiki: http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Debug_OXP