Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Getting rich fast!

Post by ClymAngus »

Greyman wrote:

After selling the missiles my Cobra Mk3 is suddenly worth lots of Credits. At least this way I could finally afford a Caduceus (and it's a really nice ship with a cool HUD). But I still guess it's not the way this is supposed to work :)

Greyman
May I just say you have great taste in ships sir. OXP updated with some AI tweaks and a little extra under the hood in the equipment repair department.

nine hundred and twenty two trillion, three hundred and thirty seven billion, two hundred and three million, seven hundred and ninety two thousand two hundred and ninety one credits. So the beers are on you then.
Last edited by ClymAngus on Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greyman
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Greyman »

ClymAngus wrote:
May I just say you have great taste in ships sir. OXP updated with some AI tweaks and a little extra under the hood in the equipment repair department.
Cool! Downloading right now ...
Get the Oolite Keymapper for Mac here!
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

Greyman wrote:
ClymAngus wrote:
Cool! Downloading right now ...
Don't thank me thank Wyvern. He's the one who spotted the AI Caduceus flying like a pussy, and gave it some nuts.

Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

A whole harvestload of nuts, at that.
If you've been a bad boy and let your legal slate get less than spotless, and there's a Caddy somewhere in the system, then you might wind up getting a spanking.
As a general rule, the Shulths and their friends don't like galactic riffraff too much, and are willing to do a little exterminating on the side.
Running Oolite buttery smooth & rock stable w/ tons of eyecandy oxps on:
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
128GB NVMe M.2 SSD (Boot drive)
1TB Hybrid HDD (For software and games)
EVGA GTX-1070 SC
1080P Samsung large screen monitor
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

Hmmm, it's possible to fall into offender accidentally. It would be a shame if for a mere mis-understanding that tips things into "Offender" for a jump or two their ass gets handed to them.

As for fugitives scr*w em, occupational hazard of being a ****.
Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

ClymAngus wrote:
Hmmm, it's possible to fall into offender accidentally. It would be a shame if for a mere mis-understanding that tips things into "Offender" for a jump or two their ass gets handed to them.

As for fugitives scr*w em, occupational hazard of being a ****.
Yeah, it's not too difficult to be branded with an offender tag by accident.
Unfortunately, by the laws of GalCop even an accidental offender is a target of opportunity for every merc, squaddie, copper, hunter, and pirate with an itchy trigger appendage and an urge to collect the price on your head. Until you can clear your name, you're simply gonna be attractive in the wrong kind of way.

Now the odds of a Caddy kicking your accidentally offensive ass are very low, as it's a rare ship to come across.
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
EVGA GTX-1070 SC
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

Works for me! :D
People steer clear of monks, it's just one more thing to steer clear of.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Just tell me where that Caddy is, and let me handle their ass to them! :twisted:
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

You can't shoot what you can't see, Oberstleutnant.

So why haven't you put together an Orion?. What is it? standard saucer with pointy bits? 3 counter rotating sub entities around a core object? Would look cool. Edge on you'd be a hard target, your screwed top and bottom though.

looks pretty straight forward; http://www.phoxim.de/marco_scheloske_or ... orion.html

a bit "floopy" for my tastes. But plausible.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

ClymAngus wrote:
You can't shoot what you can't see, Oberstleutnant.
Dear sir, what makes you so sure that I can't see it? :wink: (In fact, the Caddy was my favorite test object for the Killit™ Missile.)

(And of course the equipment which would make the Caddy invisible doesn't exist in my personal Ooniverse anyway. But while developing the superweapons I was also thinking about everybody else. So I decided for a clear division of labour: You fire the weapon, your opponent is dead no matter what.)
ClymAngus wrote:
So why haven't you put together an Orion?. What is it? standard saucer with pointy bits? 3 counter rotating sub entities around a core object? Would look cool. Edge on you'd be a hard target, your screwed top and bottom though.

looks pretty straight forward; http://www.phoxim.de/marco_scheloske_or ... orion.html

a bit "floopy" for my tastes. But plausible.
I'm not a ship designer. In case of the Orion, Jagen Ordo is your man.
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

Dear sir, what makes you so sure that I can't see it? Wink (In fact, the Caddy was my favorite test object for the Killit™ Missile.)
Which says alot more about you than it does about me :D. Although I am flattered that my humble work can fluster a man of your unique stature. It really isn't worth all the effort.
And of course the equipment which would make the Caddy invisible doesn't exist in my personal Ooniverse anyway
Yet another wonderful example of how oolite panders and moulds itself to our own personal mental predilections. Humble players on the stage, yet still GODS OF THE WORLD IN WHICH THE STAGE RESIDES! Something of a strange psychological conundrum that. Control yet lack of control, it's interesting how those 2 opposite forces come together so often in things people find to be worth while and "fun". I digress.
But while developing the superweapons I was also thinking about everybody else. So I decided for a clear division of labour: You fire the weapon, your opponent is dead no matter what.
But in connection to my earlier statement. I neglected to download you oxp. Taking it as a mere whitty playful jab of an inventive mind. For whom oxp writing comes as easily as altering MR T.'s candy bar comes to me.

Effort? For some people yes, for others a mere application of talent, to cut a worth while funny. God help all of us if any of us actually take any of this seriously. :D
Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

I might go through the trouble of downloading McLane's doomsday bomb, just to take it apart and reverse-engineer a countermeasure. After all, every explosive weapon in the Ooniverse has a countermeasure or two - or even a range of countermeasures - that can defeat it.

ECM easily defeats standard HM3s, and may defeat hardheads and nukes. ECM also makes military missiles go crazy ivan.

Injectors easily defeat hardheads and nukes: Simply run from it, providing you have the gas to feed the injectors with.

For cascade warheads, bombs or torps, there's minesweepers, running on injectors, or if you're a really great aim (or just dumb luck), shooting it before it detonates.

The cloaking device defeats any homing missile by scrambling it's lock.

Turrets in point-defense mode have a chance of shooting missiles down.

Then there's the AMS.

Rest assured, McLane, where there's a will, there's a way to take the boom out of your uberboom.
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
EVGA GTX-1070 SC
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

And so the tale of run away uber reaches it's inevitable zenith. In reply to ultimate destruction the only defence is ultimate nullification. Balance is restored in the stark black and white shades of the yin-yang. Tea anyone?
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Green, with yak butter please.
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Thargoid wrote:
with yak butter please.
Ahh, memories of Tibetan tea ... but that's really Outworld.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!