"Oolite (v1.73.3)"

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Zbond-Zbond
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

"Oolite (v1.73.3)"

Post by Zbond-Zbond »

following recent irregularities with my 3rd party software, and having installed 1.73.3, the game is running very well

there was a question re. Jameson's selling everything and getting huge ship value: this was not the case when I tried it using 1.73.3

when purchasing eqpt. the selector returns to the top of the list after each purchase
..so to purchase e.g. 6 override missiles it is necessary to advance by 2 pages and scroll down the list, separately, for each purchase -- is there a user editable option to alter this?

the game still takes some time to update at station/FTZ/rHermit, approx. 20seconds with numerous OXP's (less with fewer OXP's) -- previously with 1.65 the update was immediate; I assume that the latest version of Oolite anticipates faster computer? so that is not an issue, but worth a mention I suppose..

ExecutiveSpaceways "TridentExecutiveShuttle" is unavailable when that OXP is loaded. All other models in the OXP do appear. I've checked the shipdata file and it is in there, along with the various other ships, all of which loaded OK with earlier version 1.65 but the (saved)Commander whose spacecraft was the TridentExS won't load..ShipNotFound mssg..new game starts
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Re: "Oolite (v1.73.3)"

Post by JensAyton »

Zbond-Zbond wrote:
when purchasing eqpt. the selector returns to the top of the list after each purchase
..so to purchase e.g. 6 override missiles it is necessary to advance by 2 pages and scroll down the list, separately, for each purchase -- is there a user editable option to alter this?
This is a known design flaw, but I’ve now got around to opening a bug on it.
Zbond-Zbond wrote:
the game still takes some time to update at station/FTZ/rHermit, approx. 20seconds with numerous OXP's (less with fewer OXP's) -- previously with 1.65 the update was immediate; I assume that the latest version of Oolite anticipates faster computer? so that is not an issue, but worth a mention I suppose..
There are various tradeoffs involved. In particular, doing work when docking or leaving the dock means you don’t have to do it in the middle of the game, causing hiccoughs. however, I’ll try to profile docking on a slow machine.
Zbond-Zbond wrote:
ExecutiveSpaceways "TridentExecutiveShuttle" is unavailable when that OXP is loaded. All other models in the OXP do appear. I've checked the shipdata file and it is in there, along with the various other ships, all of which loaded OK with earlier version 1.65 but the (saved)Commander whose spacecraft was the TridentExS won't load..ShipNotFound mssg..new game starts
The Trident loads fine for me in 1.73.3. Are there any relevant log messages?
Zbond-Zbond
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zbond-Zbond »

updated to Executive Spaceways v2.2.oxp and all the ships load

thanks for everwatchful eye and rapid response

ZB