Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

OOlite is missing the application icon.

For discussion of ports to POSIX based systems, especially using GNUStep.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

saint
Dangerous
Dangerous

OOlite is missing the application icon.

Post by saint »

I noticed that, while being a GNUstep app(*), OOlite lacks the application icon, thus lacking some nice features :). Could we expect to find it ?

(*) Elite can loose the X window and do not die... I had it happening with the renegades chopping my rainbow tie fighter while I was unable to defend it :( :(... An application icon could remember you that the app is still running.
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

Hi & sorry for the delay. I can confirm that oolite v1.73 does have its own application icon on both linux & windows now (it always had one on the mac) As a bonus, you'll also get a little splash screen as the program's loading... not quite sure how you'd lose the x window and still have Oolite running as process, though!
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
saint
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by saint »

If a plaster cast did not forced me to be left handed, I will have done the steps to compile it on my box.

About the program losing the window but remaining alive it is natural GNU/NeXTstep behavior, and Mac OS X shows this too: while in X11 (and Windows) an application is shutdown when the last window is closed, with these nextish systems you must either use the quit menu command or use the kill command in the application icon menu, last chance when there are no more windows for the application...
Cmdr. Saint, Golden Gladstone with 4 leaves Clovers of the Most Noble Order or The B.D.c.