BIG SPOILER-SERIOUS:Only read if completed Assassins OXP...

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Pansen
Dangerous
Dangerous

BIG SPOILER-SERIOUS:Only read if completed Assassins OXP...

Post by Pansen »

Hey.

THINK i've just completed the assassins OXP - destroyed the star destroyer type vessel, and then was ranked as 'The Hand' but got a message from the guild which suggested I'd be getting other missions.

I have received a broadcast from the news service which informed me that an Agent Wombat was chasing down assassins guild high brass, following the defeat of the Thargoids at Geteve - I presume that agent wombat has effectively destroyed the assassins guild, and that no further missions are to follow. Is this correct?

Great OXP, by the way! really enjoyed that!
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

Yep, that's the end. I left a plot thread open in case I (or anyone else) felt like doing a follow on in the future. I had the idea that the player might in fact be Agent Wombat (memoray erased - Total Recall style), so a follow on would involve being contacted by GalCop and the player would have the choice of being loyal to the Guild or loyal to GalCop with missions branching depending on where you decide to place your loyalty. But I felt it would be difficult to top Assassins without just making it more of the same, so I started Random Hits instead. I intended that the Guild wasn't destroyed at the end, but that GalCop was now taking it as a real organisation rather than a myth and action would be forthcoming. Hopefully, as the OXP ends with the liberation of Geteve and the players actions helped win the bird's civil war with the system changing to a Democracy, it ends with the 'story-lines' tied up, whilst leaving the possibility of a sequal.
Last edited by LittleBear on Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

LittleBear wrote:
... whilst leaving the possibility of a sequal.
Now that would be something I'd enjoy! 8)