docking at seedy space bars - how?

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

lfnfan
Deadly
Deadly

docking at seedy space bars - how?

Post by lfnfan »

I recently loaded Random Hits and find myself in an Anarchy system. I get to the space bar and fly in to the dock, but can't for the life of me actually dock/get the break pattern. no 'S', D or Shift+D or C do not do anything.

What am I missing? Perhaps it is late...

:oops:

thanks!
Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

There's a small glitch in the space bar that places it's docking breakpoint inside the model.
Keep going into the docking tunnel. You'll fly through the back wall of the dock, then get the break.
Running Oolite buttery smooth & rock stable w/ tons of eyecandy oxps on:
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
128GB NVMe M.2 SSD (Boot drive)
1TB Hybrid HDD (For software and games)
EVGA GTX-1070 SC
1080P Samsung large screen monitor
lfnfan
Deadly
Deadly

Post by lfnfan »

aha. Thanks Cmdr. To make things a bit less frustrating for the RH newbie, I guess that glitch should be fixed?

Anyway, I made it in just before breakfast, and was welcomed by your namesake :D

I have to say that these space bars are really fun places to hang out. Although at Cr5 for a drink the credit crunch has not hit here yet. Mind you, the lizard lap-dance :shock: was free, so on balance I guess I'm winning. The bulletin board write-ups are fantastically imaginative and well written.

The Ooniverse keeps on getting bigger and better.

Kudos
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

You can also use the docking computer, but you have to target the bar and then hit SHIFT C. (This applies to all dockable objects that are not main stations).
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.