Crash on entering system

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

That 'nil' bug is 'a bit' more extensive than expected, but I think I got it. Will do some more testing before commit.

Edit: The bugfix seems to work ok, but it needed code changes in quite a few places. Committed to trunk, but use rev.2282 with caution!
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Kaks wrote:
That 'nil' bug is 'a bit' more extensive than expected, but I think I got it. Will do some more testing before commit.

Edit: The bugfix seems to work ok, but it needed code changes in quite a few places. Committed to trunk, but use rev.2282 with caution!
Kaks, you are our hero. Your change works perfect. I wanted to know something and added a log line. I just made a mistake of writing this. script instead of this name. This.script was nil.

Code: Select all

log(this.script, this.ship.owner);
Oolite managed to write in the log:

Code: Select all

[script.javaScript.warning.162] OOJavaScriptEngine.m:140: ----- JavaScript warning ("nukeSubmunition" 1.0): reference to undefined property this.script
[script.javaScript.warning.162] OOJavaScriptEngine.m:151:       /Users/ericwalch/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns/nukes1.0.oxp/Scripts/harpoonNukeSubMunition.js, line 29.
and than oolite crashed. I just made the mistake using a revision before your fix. Re-launching with the latest trunk that includes your fixed version, and the crash was gone, only the errors were logged. :P