Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

How do tou call a commander...

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

saint
Dangerous
Dangerous

How do tou call a commander...

Post by saint »

How tou call a commander that , while roming a remote galaxy on his way home, finds a flickering ship, collides with or surviving then scoops update a peculiar cannister nobody told him about?

:shock: :lol:
Cmdr. Saint, Golden Gladstone with 4 leaves Clovers of the Most Noble Order or The B.D.c.
Rustybolts
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Rustybolts »

K?
STE.+ Firefly/Dragonfly + BlackJacksbullion v.1.23 link below.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=ca16 ... f6e8ebb871
Cmd. Cheyd
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Deep Horizon Industries Manufacturing & Research Site somewhere in G8...

Post by Cmd. Cheyd »

Me thinketh Saint just got himself a cloaking device....
Rustybolts
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Rustybolts »

Cmd. Cheyd wrote:
Me thinketh Saint just got himself a cloaking device....
me didn't know what to thinketh
me thought he lost ta plot :?
STE.+ Firefly/Dragonfly + BlackJacksbullion v.1.23 link below.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=ca16 ... f6e8ebb871
saint
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by saint »

For sure I lost the plot. I found by chanche like that hobbit did with his ...
Cmdr. Saint, Golden Gladstone with 4 leaves Clovers of the Most Noble Order or The B.D.c.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: How do tou call a commander...

Post by Commander McLane »

saint wrote:
How tou call a commander that , while roming a remote galaxy on his way home, finds a flickering ship, collides with or surviving then scoops update a peculiar cannister nobody told him about?

:shock: :lol:
I would call him a commander that has just finished the in-built (standard) mission in Galaxy 5.

And that's that. :roll:
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

Hey, the man live a few clicks south of Padova in Italy, the auto-translators are not very good at Italian. I give him 10 out of 10 for the attempt.

Now do we actually have any Italian speakers in the audience so we can find out what this guy wants and maybe help?

Hey, l'uomo vive sud di alcuni scatti di Padova in Italia, i auto-traduttori non è molto buono ad italiano. Gli dò 10 su 10 per il tentativo. Ora realmente abbiamo di altoparlanti italiani nel pubblico in modo da possiamo scoprire che cosa questo tipo vuole e forse aiutiamo?

pensiamo che abbiate trovato un articolo per rendere la vostra nave invisibile. Controlli il vostro inventario. Se è che cosa pensiamo, quindi può essere fatto funzionare premendo il tasto zero. http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Cloaking_device

Chiedo scusa per la mia scrittura difficile.
Last edited by ClymAngus on Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

ClymAngus wrote:
Hey, the man live a few clicks south of Padova in Italy, the auto-translators are not very good at Italian. I give him 10 out of 10 for the attempt.

Now do we actually have any Italian speakers in the audience so we can find out what this guy wants and maybe help?
Hmmm, actually Oolite Italiano was the first localization of Oolite; and I can assure you that another_commander is not an auto-translator. :wink:
Hello and welcome to the boards!
I am certain that saint will appreciate your friendly welcome, but don't you think after 71 quite knowledgeable posts by him around here you are just a wee tiny little bit late with that? :wink:
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

Commander McLane wrote:
Hmmm, actually Oolite Italiano was the first localization of Oolite; and I can assure you that another_commander is not an auto-translator. :wink:
Not the game, I'm talking about the babel fish translator that Saint probably used to write his message.
Commander McLane wrote:
I am certain that saint will appreciate your friendly welcome, but don't you think after 71 quite knowledgeable posts by him around here you are just a wee tiny little bit late with that? :wink:
I do apologise, my writing was hindered by the raw uncontrollable rage I was feeling, sparked by the apparent rampant air of xenophobia.

Now I realise that you guys were only "playing" I feel my usual balanced, zen master like calm slowly returning. :D

Next time I'll just write the reply in Italian, save myself the grief. :wink:
Last edited by ClymAngus on Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

But apart from all this, I am actually excited about what happened to you, saint! :D

Because I think this is how it should be: The missions should come over you without prior knowledge, just in a moment when you are not expecting anything. For me it was like this when I first played ELITE back in the days of the C64. I was caught completely out of the blue by the Constrictor Mission, and you can't imagine how excited I was. Just when I thought I knew everything about ELITE, and the routine of trading and bounty-hunting started to get a litte boring, my first mission screen popped up. Something completely knew and exciting in a game which I thought, however open-ended and vast it was, would hold no surprises for me anymore. :D I then spent a lot of time in Galaxy 2, visiting literally each planet and station, anxious to miss my next mission. Sadly I never made it to Galaxy 3 anymore... :(

And somehow I feel a little bit sorry for myself, because I will never again play ELITE for the first time. Call me a sentimental idiot... :roll: 8) :P
saint
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by saint »

First or all I apologize tor mg very poor English, especially in the first post.
I should not be so lazy, ask again the WiFi tor the hotel lan and use my laptop instead of an iPod to write my posts, and maybe I should use the proper language settings... :)

Many thanks for the advice on the '0' key.

To be exact I live some clicks E-SE of Padua, but in Venice province.

Back to the game. I think that is nice that Oolite permits thing happening outside the "programmer" path, and not for the brand new cloacking device of the "Grosse Gianozia" (a custom Caduceus, a bit faster but with 4 missiles and 10 ton less cargo, dark green - I missed the Brunswick Green shade, I think... Maybe I'll redo the paintjob with Stroudley Improved Engine Green :) )
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

Vorrei vedere alcuni colpi di schermo. Se possibile. È buono da vedere la gente prendere qualcosa ed adattarlo. È buono da conoscere basicamente quella gente come la nave, ma ritiene abbastanza entusiastico per alterarlo. :D

(Spiacente per la traduzione difettosa.)
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

ClymAngus, I suggest keeping it English or having the English equivalent of what you are saying included in your post. If you would like to write in Italian, a separate thread might be more appropriate. Having multiple languages in the same topic is confusing.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Hehe, I've had the ImTranslator plugin for Firefox for ages, so it's a snap for me to translate anything I come across.. it even handles Tagalog (though the grammar confuses it), which I've never seen on any other translation software I've come across.. (very handy sometimes with my Filipina girlfriend :D) it works beautifully on ClymAngus' Italian.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

another_commander wrote:
ClymAngus, I suggest keeping it English or having the English equivalent of what you are saying included in your post. If you would like to write in Italian, a separate thread might be more appropriate. Having multiple languages in the same topic is confusing.
As Scots born and a "Geordie" by upbringing I'm barely fluent in my native English... so yes please non-English in alternative threads!
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here