Navy Constrictor Mission

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

parazaine
Dangerous
Dangerous

Navy Constrictor Mission

Post by parazaine »

I am currently doing the first navy mission (constrictor) and have followed its trail to galaxy2 where the trail goes cold??? can anyone tell me where to look? im hoping the game hasnt crashed? no messages anymore about a new ship or anything?
Sendraks
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Sendraks »

I didn't get any messages either. Was wandering from system to system for ages, religiously checking the all the nearby systems for a messages. Eventually I just wandered into a system and it appeared.
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

Take a wander around the north-east quadrant. Check the F7 planet info screens regularly – you'll find messages that'll put you on its trail ...
parazaine
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by parazaine »

Thanks, glad game hasnt crashed - will carry on looking - couldnt remember
how it happened in Elite, think it just appears at some point with a message sent by it to your ship, then the combat then scoop up cargo?
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

I don't know, personally. I did nearly all my Eliting on a ZX Spectrum, and there wasn't any Constrictor mission there. AFAIK we only had the Nova mission and the Cloaking Device.

In Oolite I don't think the Constrictor drops any special cargo, but the pilot is worth capturing if you can get him to eject. The Navy will however give you a permit to purchase the Military Energy Unit if you succeed in the mission.
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Sendraks wrote:
I didn't get any messages either. Was wandering from system to system for ages, religiously checking the all the nearby systems for a messages. Eventually I just wandered into a system and it appeared.
Yes, in about 8% of the systems in galaxy 2 there will be a clue were to proceed. These systems with clues are evenly distributed over the galaxy so just keep looking. 8)
parazaine
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by parazaine »

Thanks everyone, found it eventually and used witchdrive injectors to keep up with it and blast it - then finished it off with an energy bomb - think i was confusing this mission with the one where the cloaking device drops but it WAS a lifetime ago when i played it last
Muzzman
Poor
Poor

Post by Muzzman »

Hi everyone,

Just started replaying Oolite recently and have just kicked the Constrictor's bottom, before I dispatched him with a well aimed laser shot my 'kill score' was 558.

After the Constrictor bit the dust I gained about 300 'kills' putting my score up to 808.

Do all Navy Missions give a boost to your ranking?
"Smoke me a trumble, I'll be back for breakfast!"
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

The Constrictor mission specifically awards the player 256 kills upon successful completion.
Muzzman
Poor
Poor

Post by Muzzman »

another_commander wrote:
The Constrictor mission specifically awards the player 256 kills upon successful completion.
Ahhh. OK.

Thanks, it was a nice surprise, as well as the C1000 I got for capturing the thief and handing him in to the authorities.

:goodsamaritan:

:lol:
"Smoke me a trumble, I'll be back for breakfast!"
Zbond-Zbond
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zbond-Zbond »

..............and to any one reading this thread Don't Forget To Check That "f7" Screen

I continually forget - perhaps by typing the words again the action will become more firmly cemented in my reflexes?

DON'T FORGET TO CHECK "f7" SCREEN

:?:

no .. doesn't seem to be working :|
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Tattoo it in mirror-writing on your eyeballs maybe? :mrgreen:
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Rustybolts
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Rustybolts »

*Blatant Plug Alert*
After you have completed this mission in Galaxy 2 you could try Blackjacks Bullion as it starts in Telace in same galaxy :wink:
STE.+ Firefly/Dragonfly + BlackJacksbullion v.1.23 link below.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=ca16 ... f6e8ebb871