Oolite Ordnance

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Oolite Ordnance

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Not long after I first joined the Forum I created an Ad for YAH for the Oolite Ordnance (and a back-story which I can't find - it might have been a PM :? ). TheOO is the Oolite equivalent of RL(tm) TheAA breakdown service. Now I'm much better at texturing I'm finally going to create some TheOO Asps and and I'd like to do an L-Crate Hauler (sans crates) up as a recovery vehicle - but what I actually wanted to know is if it was possible to add one complete ship as the sub-entity of another - basically I would like, on occasion, for the L-Crate Hauler to have a broken down Adder/CMk1/sidewinder etc on the back as it trundles back towards the main station.
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Cmdr James
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Cmdr James »

Not in the way you want, I dont think. You can look at the hognose which does a similar thing, and I think the salvage asteroid thing has some ships stuck on it.
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Oolite Ordnance

Post by Lestradae »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
... what I actually wanted to know is if it was possible to add one complete ship as the sub-entity of another - basically I would like, on occasion, for the L-Crate Hauler to have a broken down Adder/CMk1/sidewinder etc on the back as it trundles back towards the main station.
That is entirely possible. Have a look at the RS/OSE Constitution Class ships - they have three or four entire shipmodels in their docking bays as a subentity of the big ship. Same oxps, SIRFYards, same thing. Also have "to be repaired" ships as subentities in the docking area and station back.

So what you want should be entirely possible, in an unelegant way you might even be able to let your L-Crate "unload" the subentity ship by making it explode or somesuch ...

Hope that helps

L
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

I also refer you to my HammerHeads. When loaded, the sleds there are sub-ents which are just the references to the single-entity ships.
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Thanks guys - I will investigate further - you may yet see DaddyHoggy's first ever OXP...
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Nemoricus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Nemoricus »

Ah, good luck now and keep us posted. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.
Dream as if you'll live forever
Live as if you'll die tomorrow