Galactic NavySpec ops...

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Tivva
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Right behind you in a cloaked Thargoid Warship prototype

Post by Tivva »

Capt. Slog wrote:
The mission part of this oxp has been fixed.

Curtesy of Eric Walsh all it takes is to replace your shipdata.plist with http://www.box.net/shared/pe8q4znq2z

and install this oxp http://www.box.net/shared/nq4tdg8pno

Eric warns that the latter could introduce anamolies. Try it at your own risk.
I have. I have captured Kurtz.
Thanks but for us dummies out here, where do I find my shipdata.plist file again...Doh...

Sorry :oops:
Nemoricus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Nemoricus »

In the Galactic Navy.oxp folder, there's another folder called Config. Put the shipdata.plist in there.
Dream as if you'll live forever
Live as if you'll die tomorrow
Tivva
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Tivva »

Nemoricus wrote:
In the Galactic Navy.oxp folder, there's another folder called Config. Put the shipdata.plist in there.
Cheers Nemi :wink:
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

Tivva wrote:
Now do I go back for kurtz & risk not finding the caddy again or stick with my new ship????
If you're through with assassins, you surely want to play cataclysm, thus being forced to jump through all those galaxies again. If you plan your route well, I bet you can even fulfill the kurtz mission in between ;)

Screet
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Tivva wrote:
Thanks but for us dummies out here, where do I find my shipdata.plist file again...Doh...
For people that don't want to change files in an oxp they also can add the extension ".oxp" to the patch and give it a name so it loads alphabetically after Galactic_Navy itself. That way the new shipdata is also used because it will overwrite the one in GN.

I uploaded the patch again with this changed filename so others can just drop it in their AddOns folder without messing with Galactic_Navy itself. I also included a small ReadMe file and the new_AI_files.oxp and linked from the Galactic Navy wiki page itself.
Last edited by Eric Walch on Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tivva
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Tivva »

Eric Walch wrote:
Tivva wrote:
For people that don't want to change files in an oxp they also can add the extension ".oxp" to the patch and give it a name so it loads alphabetically after Galactic_Navy itself. That way the new shipdata is also used because it will overwrite the one in GN.

I uploaded the patch again with this changed filename so others can just drop it in their AddOns folder without messing with Galactic_Navy itself. I also included a small ReadMe file. Now it can be linked from the wiki page itself.
Thanks Eric
I like it made simple... :wink:
Will report back
Capt. Slog
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Capt. Slog »

From Matty
You may be one of the few to actually attempt this mission. Because of the lack of feedback and several interceding Oolite versions, it may not work as it should, but here's some hints on what's supposed to happen based on my initial playtesting.
Maybe now he's seen the interest he'll come out of hiding. :)