trouble with Random Hits: kills not credited

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

disorder
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

trouble with Random Hits: kills not credited

Post by disorder »

Hi folks, I'm a relative newb to Oolite. I've got tons of the OXPs installed and find the expandability of this game to be its greatest strength.

I'm having trouble with Random Hits, though. Whenever I finally take-out the commander that I'm after, I get a message saying something like:

"Commander so-and-so has been dispatched by a superior commander".

This even when I know that the kill should be credited to me, for example, I follow the mark through his witchspace portal, open fire, watch the explosion, lock on to the escape pod, blast it away, and then, the above message about another fighter taking out my mark!

It's infuriating, (and not very profitable, especially after a long journey to the destination system) and I've got to say that I'm considering taking up my former occupation as narcotics trafficker. :shock:

any ideas?
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

Hi disorder, welcome to the boards! Couple of bits of information will be required for some of the cleverer people here to answer your question: what version of Oolite, and what version of Random Hits, are you using?
disorder
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post by disorder »

I've got Oolite 1.72.2 installed on Ubuntu 8.04, playing Random Hits version 1.2.

Your questions prompted me to double-check the compatibility of the OXP, and in doing so I found the cause of my difficulties... this is from the Random Hits page:
If you are using V1.72 of Oolite you must update to V1.3 (Beta) of Random Hits. V1.2 of Random Hits will not work on 1.72 of Oolite.
Thanks!