Griff Station missing fragment - SOLVED

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Griff Station missing fragment - SOLVED

Post by Diziet Sma »

Looking through my logs today, I noticed the following entry in 2 or 3 places...

[files.notFound]: GLSL ERROR: failed to find fragment program griff_station_animated.vertex.

I have both the Griff Trade Outpost and Griff Constores installed, the Trade Outpost does not have a shader by this name, whilst the Griff Constore has one named yah_griff_station_animated.vertex.

I'm wondering if saving a suitably renamed copy in the GTO shaders folder would fix the problem, (although it occurs to me that there may be differences between the two files) or if the problem lies elsewhere, which is the main reason I haven't tried the experiment.

The other reason is that I thought I ought to draw Griffs attention to this (admittedly minor) problem.

Any thoughts/ideas anyone?
Last edited by Diziet Sma on Sun May 31, 2009 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

Hi
here's a link to the missing shader
http://www.box.net/shared/r3ce5zhsvv
this problem has come up before, i think it's something to do with a modded version of the trade outpost that does away with a lot of the animated adverts to give it a more moody look and help it fit in better in the more run-down/poorer systems, i'm not sure where this version of the trade outpost is being stored though, it's not the one in my box.net folder.
the missing vertex shader shouldn't be too much of a problem for the outpost, you'll just not get the little animated 'lights' around the docking bay enterance
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Griff wrote:
Hi
here's a link to the missing shader
http://www.box.net/shared/r3ce5zhsvv
this problem has come up before, i think it's something to do with a modded version of the trade outpost that does away with a lot of the animated adverts to give it a more moody look and help it fit in better in the more run-down/poorer systems, i'm not sure where this version of the trade outpost is being stored though, it's not the one in my box.net folder.
the missing vertex shader shouldn't be too much of a problem for the outpost, you'll just not get the little animated 'lights' around the docking bay enterance
The culprit would seem to be the version linked to on the Wiki oxp page, which is stored on the Wiki server, rather than linking to the version stored on your box.net account.

I'd been wondering why the docking entrance lights weren't working.. now I know.. thanks, Griff!
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied