Trunk: Time acceleration

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Trunk: Time acceleration

Post by Screet »

I've just updated to the trunk version with time acceleration. That feature is really nice!

A little suggestion: reset to normal speed once the player docks! The acceleration was very helpful to reach the station, however, after docking it also made it nearly impossible to use the cursor keys for the menus because everything was still much too fast. It also did lead to ships (load and buy) to spin much too fast.

I also wonder if witchspace travel should reset it (did not test that yet).

Screet
goran
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by goran »

Last night i couldn't auto-dock with sec-com (navy) station when on accelerated time. Ships kept spinning in front of it. I wonder if my computer is too slow for AI scripts when on accelerated time?

When back on normal time and reactivating d. computer, docking proceeds normally.
Frame
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Frame »

???

first you make a feature, then you want others to make fixes to your feature...

This does not make much sense at al

here you state you updated**... the trunk version.---
Screet wrote:
I've just updated to the trunk version with time acceleration. That feature is really nice!
Here you write as if you want other people to write code so it stops the feature..

Screet wrote:
little suggestion: reset to normal speed once the player docks! The acceleration was very helpful to reach the station, however, after docking it also made it nearly impossible to use the cursor keys for the menus because everything was still much too fast. It also did lead to ships (load and buy) to spin much too fast.

I also wonder if witchspace travel should reset it (did not test that yet).

Screet
While it is not my place to suggest or advice you, I can assure you, that you should not "update" the trunk version, with unfinished work.. you make your feature work on your own PC and not until you have it down pat*, do you "update it"**...

*expression for something that is correctly made...

**While i realise that you are german, and therefore english is not your primary language: update is the wrong word of choice here... you added a new feature that was not there before, so it was added, not updated. wrong words can cause confusion

Cheers Frame...
Bounty Scanner
Number 935
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

Frame wrote:
first you make a feature, then you want others to make fixes to your feature...
here you state you updated**... the trunk version.---
Screet wrote:
Here you write as if you want other people to write code so it stops the feature..
That feature is from someone else. I was playing with a trunk version a few days old and just updated it with svn up and make debug=no...

Screet
Frame
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Frame »

ahhhahhahahaha

I understood it as you had updated the version on berlios...

not the version on your HD.... with

Code: Select all

svn up
because that was what it read like to me... :lol:

sorry then... ignore my post... :lol:
Bounty Scanner
Number 935
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

Frame wrote:
...because that was what it read like to me... :lol:

No problem! I didn't consider that it could be read that way, so it's also my fault not writing it clearly enough ;)

Screet
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: Trunk: Time acceleration

Post by another_commander »

Screet wrote:
A little suggestion: reset to normal speed once the player docks! The acceleration was very helpful to reach the station, however, after docking it also made it nearly impossible to use the cursor keys for the menus because everything was still much too fast. It also did lead to ships (load and buy) to spin much too fast.
You can already reset the accelerated time upon docking. Like this:

Code: Select all

this.shipDockedWithStation = function()
{
        timeAccelerationFactor = 1.0;
}
Save this as script.js inside the Config folder of an OXP directory and you are good to go.
_ds_
Deadly
Deadly

Post by _ds_ »

Screet wrote:
Frame wrote:
...because that was what it read like to me... :lol:

No problem! I didn't consider that it could be read that way, so it's also my fault not writing it clearly enough ;)
There's nothing that I can see which isn't clear about "updated to", short of somebody (mentioning no Frames) failing to notice the "to".
http://tartarus.org/~ds/oolite/patches, Buzzer OXP etc.