random hits

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

j f gearing
Dangerous
Dangerous

random hits

Post by j f gearing »

If you scoop a baddie in RH you are given the choice of gassing him or handing him over to the old bill
What is the best thing to do
do you get a reward from the bill?

cheers

JG
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

If you want to be paid for the hit, and don't want to damage your credibility/rank in the Bountyhunters' Guild, you'll need to be heartless and gas the bottom-feeding scumbag.
j f gearing
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by j f gearing »

Diziet Sma wrote:
If you want to be paid for the hit, and don't want to damage your credibility/rank in the Bountyhunters' Guild, you'll need to be heartless and gas the bottom-feeding scumbag.
being a wooly minded liberal I feel that perhaps rehabilitation and counselling might be a better alternative
On the other hand 8000 quid is 8000 quid, so , SOD HIM

cheers

JG
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

In the current version the cops pay a bounty, but its much less than the contract price. Your reputation is improved more though for bringing them in alive. In the next version i've upped the GalCop bounty so its sometimes more than the contract price and sometimes less.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

LittleBear wrote:
In the current version the cops pay a bounty, but its much less than the contract price. Your reputation is improved more though for bringing them in alive. In the next version i've upped the GalCop bounty so its sometimes more than the contract price and sometimes less.
Really? The BHG doesn't care that you failed to fulfil the contract, and your rep actually improves? I respect that concept, but it hardly seems the way a BHG would regard the situation... kinda.. unprofessional..
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

LittleBear wrote:
In the next version, please allow trumbled bounty hunters to feed the victims to their trumbles, especially since trumbles sometimes eat up scooped pilots anyway :twisted:

Screet
Davidtq
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Davidtq »

Diziet Sma wrote:
LittleBear wrote:
Really? The BHG doesn't care that you failed to fulfil the contract, and your rep actually improves? I respect that concept, but it hardly seems the way a BHG would regard the situation... kinda.. unprofessional..
Thats got me thinking instead of handing them over to Galcop could yoube handing them over to the clients representatives. kind of like Han Solo in carbonite...

The client may have wanted them dead, but when offered the opportunity to have them as prisoners instead...

Just as Jabba wanted Han Solo alive so he could pass the death sentance up close and personal when he came along frozen in carbonite it was actually more pleasing to Jabba than his expected outcome.

That way if the client still wants the target dead he's at their mercy ( a lower bounty may represent displeasure at having to be offered the opportunity) but they might just when offered the chance prefer the target alive an in their power.

You could quite see how a bounty hunter could gain reputation for exceeding expectations, by instead of just killing a target actually managing to bring them in alive as prisoners for either immediate execution or for longer lasting "punishment".
Davidtq
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Davidtq »

Screet wrote:
LittleBear wrote:
In the next version, please allow trumbled bounty hunters to feed the victims to their trumbles, especially since trumbles sometimes eat up scooped pilots anyway :twisted:

Screet
Ive really got to get me some trumbles some time...

They eat "pods"? Could be no end of amusement :lol:.
Simon B
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Simon B »

LittleBear wrote:
How about a "Dead or Alive" notice - or sometimes a "WANTED ALIVE".
Simon Bridge
[re2dux] [neolite]
"Everything is perfect down to every last flaw..."
HBT: The Book of Verse - Principia Discordia