Losing Planets and Moons when Resizing Window

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Randy
Competent
Competent

Losing Planets and Moons when Resizing Window

Post by Randy »

I have no idea which one this is now that I think about it. I have Lave.oxp and System_Redux.oxp's loaded and running under Windows XP with Oolite version 172.2. (It's the latest version, I don't know at the moment what that is.) :(

I was testing out the planetary system around Lave and showing it to a friend. As I resized the window only the main planet and sun remained. :shock:

I restarted the game it was all back. I then went to full screen mode and once again, everything disappeared except Lave and it's sun.

I restarted in full screen mode and it's all there again.

I'm able to fly to the moons and planets, switch screens and so-on. It's only when I resize the window. I don't know if it is the core system or one of the oxp's and I wish I had more information for you.

At present I'm at work but I'll fool around with it a little more and see if I can help isolate the problem.

Thanks,

Randy
Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens. -- Homer Simpson
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Losing Planets and Moons when Resizing Window

Post by Screet »

Randy wrote:
I was testing out the planetary system around Lave and showing it to a friend. As I resized the window only the main planet and sun remained. :shock:
That's a well known problem. You're lucky that you only lost planets! On some systems, the application starts leaking memory until it crashes when the window is resized, on others it simply does quit.

Screet
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

You are even luckier that this bug has been fixed for the 1.73 version. If you build the current source (or can wait until the release), you will be able to resize the window as you want.
Randy
Competent
Competent

Fantastic!

Post by Randy »

That's good news (1.73 fix). I didn't know what to look for and I probably should have scanned the Bug reports a little further. :oops:

I can wait for the 1.73 build probably since I don't resize things too much. I just wanted to demonstrate and also to play at full screen. :)

Randy
Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens. -- Homer Simpson