Chaff dispenser.

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

MKG
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by MKG »

That's six words - seven if you expand the apostrophe.
wackyman465
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by wackyman465 »

Stop messing up my cool lines... :lol:
I shot him back first. That is to say, I read his mind and fired before he would have fired on me. No, sir, he wasn't a fugitive.
CptnEcho
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CptnEcho »

I attempted to purchase an (imaginary) insurance policy on Wackyman while naming myself the beneficiary. But all the insurance providers I spoke with refused to sell what they thought was a bad gamble on their part.

The upside is that ticket agencies are enjoying increased sales of tickets to view the space combat event between Wackyman and Captain Hesperus & Cmdr Wyvern.
"I shouldn't have taken off in this crate without more ammo..." Sergeant Knox - Star Blazers
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

wackyman465 wrote:
I'll do it out of sight...
Out of sight? I'm sure pretty many people will watch, and I doubt that you are able to shoot anything aside from thargoid warships down at distances over 25km!
wackyman465 wrote:
And I'm sure that you, Hesperus, don't have a clean rating.
I've read so many historic files about the earth and their politics that I am sure that he is clean. You know, you steal an egg and they hang you, but you steal all the nations and peoples money by deliberately ruining the bank you run, they spent billions to save the bank and pay you a bonus. If you do such things as a politician, you advance in their ranks. Those guys love people who are behaving corrupt without losing voters!

Therefore, I'm really interested in viewing that duel! If I had any doubts that those two could not get you, I'd probably feel tempted to jump in, too. But then, an Imperial Courier is really much too weak to be a challenge. Thus, no need to worry, I'll continue to seek a good challange elsewhere instead of trying to shoot down people who make me laugh with their board comments ;)

Damn. We really need multiplayer support via network! Not that I'd like to shoot down everyone (indeed I'd like to have a few fun fights, fun for both), but it's that idea of fighting with players in groups against groups of NPCs. At least the local friends wouldn't ever fight me. Even if I smoke really much cannabis to slow me down, they still claim it would be an too uneven encounter to be of fun.

Screet, often considered to be on speed while he's only sober.
wackyman465
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by wackyman465 »

I might need some redbull for this battle....
Or even better, redline!
I shot him back first. That is to say, I read his mind and fired before he would have fired on me. No, sir, he wasn't a fugitive.
Captain Hesperus
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah
Grand High Clock-Tower Poobah

Post by Captain Hesperus »

wackyman465 wrote:
I might need some redbull for this battle....
Or even better, redline!
You drink that stuff and we won't need to shoot your ship up. Your caffeine shakes will rattle it apart!

Captain Hesperus
The truth, revealed!!
Zbond-Zbond
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zbond-Zbond »

You know, you steal an egg and they hang you
Around here it's 2,000 lashes -- 25years in solitary -- then they shoot you

4.3bn human colonials
¢20.64bn GDP
19,892km around the world (in 40 days?)
Mildly famous for its pink oceans and its exotic fish meat, this rich industrial economy depletes the coffers with abandon, yet hones the duellist's skills to such an edge that caffeine, taurine, or any other -ine are rendered bystanders at the arena's perifery when the gauntlet is thrown.
And thrown it is, by multiple Heads of State in their deranged substitute for government; beware. Be very ware.
wackyman465
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by wackyman465 »

look away from the person un-subtly bumping the topic...