Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Standard station textures

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Commander McLane wrote:
The first run of 1.72 brings these in my logfile:
[shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "PAGroove-dodecahedron-reference" specifies no model, ignoring.
[shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "PAGroove-icosahedron-reference" specifies no model, ignoring.
[shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "PAGroove-coriolis-reference" specifies no model, ignoring.
I don't know if this would go away with the new template-key, or even a template needs a model.
Nope, no model or roles required for a template. (Actually, this error message isn’t really a problem for templates; all is_template does is shut it up.)
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

I think i'm doing something wrong, but i've installed Oolite 1.72 and put the is_template ="true"; line in all the reference stations in the shipdata.plist, and now no PAGroovestations appear, i'm just getting the normal built in stations.
I just tried the griff_krait oxp as that already has the is_template ="true"; line in it and no griffkraits are appearing either.
I'm not seeing anyships thay are like_ship'ed to another ship that has is_template="true"; in it's plist entry
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

I'm not upgrading yet then!
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

there's lots of good stuff in v1.72! This problem is probably just me being a berk
Deadly
Deadly

Post by 0235 »

sory to bring this back, but does it work on 1.65, because it doesnt say on mine that it couldnt be read, but when i use it, they are transparent! probarbly my rubbish PC.
(sorry for randon white bits around the edge)

Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

Griff wrote:
I think i'm doing something wrong, but i've installed Oolite 1.72 and put the is_template ="true"; line in all the reference stations in the shipdata.plist, and now no PAGroovestations appear, i'm just getting the normal built in stations.
I just tried the griff_krait oxp as that already has the is_template ="true"; line in it and no griffkraits are appearing either.
I'm not seeing anyships thay are like_ship'ed to another ship that has is_template="true"; in it's plist entry
Interesting. The Griff ships and stations and the PAgroove stations work fine for me. No borked OXP objects, in fact.
Running Oolite buttery smooth & rock stable w/ tons of eyecandy oxps on:
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
128GB NVMe M.2 SSD (Boot drive)
1TB Hybrid HDD (For software and games)
EVGA GTX-1070 SC
1080P Samsung large screen monitor
wackyman465
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by wackyman465 »

Aye, they work fine for me too.
I shot him back first. That is to say, I read his mind and fired before he would have fired on me. No, sir, he wasn't a fugitive.
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

They may not work on 1.65 (regardless of system power) as 1.65 has a lower poly-limit. I run 1.72.2 on my (reasonable) laptop and my steam powered desk top. Oolite 1.72.2 will run fine on even the oldest system, as shaders and other fancy stuff are turned off if the old 'puter can't handle it. So download the latest version of Oolite for your elderly machine. It will run BETTER on your old machine as 1.72.2 is quicker than 1.65. You may find that your machine cannot run shaders, but you can still use the Shader OXPs, you just won't see them in their full glory.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

@ 0235: Just to make it clear once and for all: Nothing that either uses shaders, or the slightest little bit of JavaScript (or both) works on 1.65.

If you have doubts, you may open the OXP in question and look for a file named 'requires.plist'. Open it with a text editor of your choice, and look for the word 'version', followed by a number. This number is the minimum version of Oolite required for this specific OXP.

Alternatively you just may start Oolite with the OXP in question installed. If it says something like 'Myfancyoxp.oxp requires at least Oolite 1.72' on top of the main screen, then that OXP requires 1.72, and is ignored by 1.65.

However, this requires the author(s) of the OXP to actually include a 'requires.plist'. Which is unfortunately not the case for PAGroove_Stations.oxp.
Deadly
Deadly

Post by 0235 »

ah, so 1.65 doesn't like some parts. OK. but iv just got 1.72.2, so ill give it a try.
Fatleaf

Re: Standard station textures

Post by Fatleaf »

P.A. Groove Stations OXP

I was going through the OXP List and putting Y's into the working boxes of oxp's I have tested and saw that this was blank. Does it work with 1.76? If so I could Y the box?
Find out about the early influences of Fatleaf here. Also his OXP's!
Holds the Ooniversal record for "Thread Necromancy"
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

I've got it installed ever since it existed. Couldn't live without it. And I don't remember making any changes to it in the last couple of years.

This is a "yes", I guess. :wink:
Fatleaf

Post by Fatleaf »

Commander McLane wrote:
I've got it installed ever since it existed. Couldn't live without it. And I don't remember making any changes to it in the last couple of years.

This is a "yes", I guess. :wink:
Brilliant, Thanks. :D
Find out about the early influences of Fatleaf here. Also his OXP's!
Holds the Ooniversal record for "Thread Necromancy"
superbatprime
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by superbatprime »

/raisedead

Right okay I give up. :x

Has anyone figured out how to slow the rotation of stations in this oxp?

It ignores delightful docking's overrides for sure.
I made a separate slow roll oxp (found it in a thread), no joy.
I created a ship override in the config of the station oxp itself, no result.

I tried changing the names of all the variants back to their usual names (eg, Coriolis Station waspline variant -> Coriolis Station), overrides still didn't take.

If I remove the oxp the overrides take effect (on other suitable oxp stations no probs), I've made sure I have correctly followed all procedures for the above tests (no code mistakes, right folders, right file types, notepad++ used etc etc).

So it's something in this oxp, but I really can't see anything that A) governs station roll or B) prevents overrides from other oxps (but that's lack of knowledge on my part, could easily have missed something).

So... has anyone managed to slow their roll?
So then I says to him, I says "naw dude, Oolite ain't no Space Opera... Oolite is Space Rock and Roll!"
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Well, Delightful Docking only influences the built-in stations (or the equivalents in replacement ship set OXPs.).

If you want to slow down the PAGroove stations, you have to do it by directly manipulating their shipdata. Open their shipdata.plist and insert the station_roll-key in the entries named "PAGroove-coriolis-reference", "PAGroove-dodecahedron-reference", and "PAGroove-icosahedron-reference". If you want to go with the same rotation speeds as Delightful Docking, then you need

Code: Select all

"station_roll" = "0.18";
in "PAGroove-coriolis-reference",

"station_roll" = "0.16";
in "PAGroove-dodecahedron-reference", and

"station_roll" = "0.15";
in "PAGroove-icosahedron-reference".