Did someone here plug Oolite on the radio today???

Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

JameSpal
Competent
Competent

Did someone here plug Oolite on the radio today???

Post by JameSpal »

I was listening to talk radio on the way home from work today. The Michael Medved show to be exact. I don't agree with his politics, but sometimes the show is interesting.

Anyway, the topic of the day was video games and the way that entertainment industries suffer less during bad economic times than other industries.

The topic naturally devolved into a debate whether video games were good or bad for people. The host has made the case in the past that video games negatively affect real life relationships. He asked for people to call if video games have had a positive affect on their relationship with their significant others.

A listener called in and said that he writes video games and that he plays Wii games with his girlfriend.

The host asked what he is writing right now.

The caller said it's a remake of a classic game where you fly around and shoot alien things that kind of look like crystals.

I could totally see someone who writes OXPs calling and saying they write video games. Writing OXPs is close enough to writing video games for the sake of a 2 minute segment on a radio talk show and the caller never said he did it professionally. Classic Elite/Oolite ships do look like crystals. It is a classic game.

I wish the host had asked what it was called. How cool would it be for someone to plug Oolite on a national talk radio program.

Anyway, if it was someone here... Sweet dude, I totally heard you on the radio!
gogz69
Deadly
Deadly

Re: Did someone here plug Oolite on the radio today???

Post by gogz69 »

JameSpal wrote:
The caller said it's a remake of a classic game where you fly around and shoot alien things that kind of look like crystals.
I have a mate who is currently playing a game very like this. Iirc the game is called Dark Orbit.

G.
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

I make semi-regular comments about oolite in my blog for my local newspaper (in its online form obviously) see my RL link in my sig. I plug the game at every opportunity!

In fact it's not a game its a lifestyle choice!
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
wackyman465
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by wackyman465 »

But did you do it on the radio?
I shot him back first. That is to say, I read his mind and fired before he would have fired on me. No, sir, he wasn't a fugitive.
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Nope, it wasn't me - I haven't been on the radio for over a year now - truly my 15 minutes of fame (plugging my writer's group: http://www.wordwatchers.net
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here