Misc. (minor) bugs...

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Misc. (minor) bugs...

Post by Screet »

Hi,

I've found some more strange working stuff and bugs:

1) energy demand is somewhat strange:
- no drain from cloak while using torus
- no drain from cloak with injectors enabled
- heavy drain from cloak while using docking computer

2) Either from GRS docking or from launching during thargoid attack:
[general.error.inconsistentState]: ERROR: status is STATUS_DOCKED, but dockedStation is nil; treating as not docked. This is an internal error, please report it.

3) Fuel leaks:
- fuel leak is NOT fixed when tank is empty -> scooping at the sun will continue the leak
- fuel leak is NOT fixed when docking with some fuel left -> newly bought fuel continues to leak, although saving, quitting, restarting the app does fix the leak?!?

4) Missile selection get screwed when buying another missile
- first missile selected, fourth slot empty...buy a missile: second missile becomes selected

5) How does the message log and the save file version work? sometimes messages get sorted out, leaving older messages as "new"?!?

...and one for the oolite bb:
I did reply to a message, hit quote and get text from newer message instead of the one where I hit reply. Possibly caused by me receiving another message from the sender while I was reading the first and attempting to reply to it.

Screet
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

I tried to reproduce the first three. The only one I managed to witness is the drain from cloak when using DC. Can you try the other two without OXPs or post how exactly to reproduce them?
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

another_commander wrote:
I tried to reproduce the first three. The only one I managed to witness is the drain from cloak when using DC. Can you try the other two without OXPs or post how exactly to reproduce them?
1) cloak
Have you had the same result that the cloak apparently did not use energy (or far less energy) while on torus or injectors? Maybe the idea is that the engine output creates more energy, maybe it's a bug. It's something I would never have expected, though. As for my shields, which typically cause highest drain, they were not scratched. I just toyed around with that cloak when I noticed those things. Sometimes I do not hit pause, but enable the cloak...until it drained my energy, I'm typically back and at least for a big part of that unguided trip my ship's pretty safe ;)

2) docking status
The next GRS station and Tharg attack I will check the log immediately...that should sort out where it comes from. Initially, I thought it was GRS, but I wasn't completely sure.

3) fuel leak
With my current ship it's a very low probability that I have one when I come out of witchspace. The only ship really prone to fuel leaks yet was my old python. The jump I made was short and I had a lot of fuel left. I went outside the lane and made it to the station with roughly half the fuel leaked. Refuelled...but as soon as I launched, the fuel began to leak. I made another jump, but the fuel still continued to leak. Stopped the game, reloaded...fuel leak sealed. If there's code to be fixed, I'd be happy if also refueling at the sun would work after a leak. When I read the desription, I thought it should work, but after refueling at the sun, my leak just continued, making me quite unhappy because of all the time it needs on normal drive when mass-locked.

I guess if there is a way to manually cause a fuel leak, that should be easy to track.

Screet
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Sorry, I meant the first three under the 1). The others will require a little more complex set up and debug console usage, which means more time. Basically, energy drain works just fine both for injectors and torus drive for me when cloak is active. It would be good if you could try to reproduce that without OXPs or let me know exact steps to make it happen.
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Re: Misc. (minor) bugs...

Post by Eric Walch »

Screet wrote:
[general.error.inconsistentState]: ERROR: status is STATUS_DOCKED, but dockedStation is nil; treating as not docked. This is an internal error, please report it.
This error is already reported long ago at Berlios. It is definitely the command to launch the player from targoidAttack that generates this error. And also its JS equivalent generates this error.
Screet wrote:
) How does the message log and the save file version work? sometimes messages get sorted out, leaving older messages as "new"?!?
Messages are not sorted out, but there are two kinds of messages generated.:

1) Communication messages go to the log.
2) Console messages are not logged.

In my oxp I always take care that "broadcasted" messages go over the communication and normal direct to the console.Only when I think them important enough to be logged I let the player broadcast to himself.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Eric Walch wrote:
Screet wrote:
This error is already reported long ago at Berlios. It is definitely the command to launch the player from targoidAttack that generates this error. And also its JS equivalent generates this error.
In my own OXPs I have now inserted another check for if(!player.ship.docked) return in the beginning of the function that calls mission screens. This prevented errors of this type.

But it would have to be done in all OXPs.
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

Commander McLane wrote:
In my own OXPs I have now inserted another check for if(!player.ship.docked) return in the beginning of the function that calls mission screens. This prevented errors of this type.

But it would have to be done in all OXPs.
I don't think it has to do with oxp's but really is some internal error. I just fail to see how.

It always is generated when the Targoid wars.oxp used the "launchFromStation" command. However when I issue the command by hand over the console with: "player.ship.call("launchFromStation")" there is no error in the log.
But the error is also generated with the JS version of launchFromStation.

Your test for being docked will fail as in the code the [doScriptEvent:@"missionScreenEnded"] is called before it sets [setStatus: STATUS_LAUNCHING]. So at the missionscreen ended the ship is still official "docked". And this could be the cause of the internal error. There execution order has probably to be switched in order.