Trumbles falling apart

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Trumbles falling apart

Post by Screet »

Hi,

strange that I did not have it earlier...when pressing the pause key while the trumble has eyes and mouth closed (proper timing required), the eyes and mouth fall off the trumble and drift around alone, with different speeds ;)

I did encounter it first after giving the trumble-repellant a try, but it's obviously something in the trumble drawing code.

Anyway, how about a key to move the trumbles aside or allow the cursor to be used for this? ;)

Screet, curious why they eat slaves but no commanders...
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Re: Trumbles falling apart

Post by Eric Walch »

Screet wrote:
They do after some time. I know, my previous ship was a two sitter.
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Trumbles falling apart

Post by Screet »

Eric Walch wrote:
Screet wrote:
They do after some time. I know, my previous ship was a two sitter.
Now I am worried...if I use a working trumble repellant and open my cargo doors...there's not only a chance that they enter someone elses ship, but they might even invade the station, eat the many tons of food there, thus replicating even further and finally eat everyone aboard the station? Hope noone's going to set up a bounty on my head for attempting to get rid of them the nice way...and hopefully I never dock at a station overrun by trumbles!

Screet
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

That's a great idea for a short story.

"The fate of MS orbiter 4". Kind of like aliens, but cuter, but no less deadly.

Reminds me of the stories that crop up from time to time of lonely old ladies being eaten by their cats after they die.

Adrift, no fuel, little power and the trumbles slowly KILLING us........ EEEEK! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

ClymAngus wrote:
That's a great idea for a short story.

"The fate of MS orbiter 4". Kind of like aliens, but cuter, but no less deadly.

Reminds me of the stories that crop up from time to time of lonely old ladies being eaten by their cats after they die.

Adrift, no fuel, little power and the trumbles slowly KILLING us........ EEEEK! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Guess I'm not the perfect writer for this...it surely would not be as bad as reading a message from the nigeria connection, but I doubt it would be that much better ;)

Anyway, I think a skilled write could make up a few random newsflash messages after a player did use the repellant? Wouldn't require a station overrun, but a trading ship that ran out of fuel with a hungry horde aboard or a station that managed to fight them while they ate their supplies? Could even improve the RandomHits idea of bringing trumbles into a warehouse.... ;)

Screet
gogz69
Deadly
Deadly

Post by gogz69 »

ClymAngus wrote:
Yes, I have heard of a similar story myself. Where the "old lady" was eating cat food!

Her diet was not the reason for her demise though. :wink: