Informations for oxp'ers: systems I intend to use

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Informations for oxp'ers: systems I intend to use

Post by Lestradae »

Hi all,

I am going to use the following systems (handcode them) for the upcoming RS-successor, Oolite Shipyards Extension V1.0:

Galactic Sector 1: 0 164 - formerly Ribilebi
Galactic Sector 2: 1 225 - formerly Riardi
Galactic Sector 3: 2 53 - formerly Esleusbe
Galactic Sector 4: 3 61 - formerly Inedala
Galactic Sector 5: 4 4 - formerly Ceuses
Galactic Sector 6: 5 214 - formerly Ririso
Galactic Sector 7: 6 224 - formerly Zaed
Galactic Sector 8: 7 162 - formerly Oresrati

If someone already uses one of those systems in their oxp, or knows of an oxp that does, please feel free to drop me a PN or to answer here to find a non-collision solution.

On the other side, I would ask everyone who hasn't already not to use those systems also to avoid collisions in the game.

Cheers

L
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

1) Ribilebi is a problem. It is one of the famous planets, although it slipped through pagroove's attention yet. However, the wiki mentions it on the Galactic Navy-page:
Aside from SecCom Stations, other naval bases of all types exists across all 8 galaxies and serve a variety of functions. The research and development complex on Ribilebi is the most commonly known of these bases, but many others exist, from training camps to weapons arsenals.

Unconfirmed rumours place a watchstation in Biorle, where the Galacic Navy keep an eye on the Imperial home system of Achenar.

The planet Uscela is also rumoured to contain a research base that is devoted to analysis of technologies coming out of the Imperial Shipyards in Facece.
I am using Ribilebi in Cataclysm.oxp, where I am putting up a research station in its orbit at a certain point of the mission.

The same status of rumoured famousness would obviously apply to Biorle and Uscela as well, although they are not in your list.

2) I am pretty sure that Oresrati is part of something as well, although I don't know out of my head of what. But the name sounds too familiar.

Could you please expand a little bit on what you are planning? Especially what do you mean by 'handcode' and by 'formerly Ribilebi'? There would be no serious clash between your OXP and Cataclysm, if you just place a shipyard in the system. However, if the 'formerly' indicates that you want to rename the system, we would get in trouble.
drew
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by drew »

Oresrati is used in 'Mutabilis'.

Not an OXP per se, but there is a detailed description of the planet in the story.

Cheers,

Drew.
Drew is an author of SF and Fantasy Novels
WebsiteFacebookTwitter
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

Hey guys,
Commander McLane wrote:
1) Ribilebi is a problem. It is one of the famous planets, although it slipped through pagroove's attention yet. ... Galactic Navy ... I am using Ribilebi in Cataclysm.oxp, where I am putting up a research station in its orbit at a certain point of the mission.

Could you please expand a little bit on what you are planning? Especially what do you mean by 'handcode' and by 'formerly Ribilebi'? There would be no serious clash between your OXP and Cataclysm, if you just place a shipyard in the system. However, if the 'formerly' indicates that you want to rename the system, we would get in trouble.
Pretty sure I have to use a neighboring system then - especially to avoid something like this, I posted the topic. I can move the handcoded system somewhere else by changing a number as you can imagine.

"Handcoded" means - new name, new population, new description, new everything. So if a world is "famous" somewhat that`s a showstopper.

BTW, a research station at the reworked Ribilebi would be no collision with my changes at all ... quite the contrary, that would make a lot of sense, as would having a galactic navy outpost there.

If the name Ribilebi is very well-known and described somewhere, though, that`s more of a problem.

I wanted to PN you specifically anyways about some of the potential oxp-collisions we were talking about. Don`t want to spoil neither your nor my "special places" for players here :wink:
drew wrote:
Oresrati is used in 'Mutabilis'. Not an OXP per se, but there is a detailed description of the planet in the story.
I will have to move this one to an adjacent system definitely, then. The world I handcoded will have nothing to do with the Oresrati you described.

Edit: After reading forwards :( in your entertaining story I am not so sure if it couldn`t be salvaged, albeit a bit different from how I first imagined it. You are going to get a PN, too 8)

Thanks, guys, for the replies, it really makes sense to cooperate so that oxp' s - or even stories - don`t clash with each other if anyhow doable.

Cheers

L
drew
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: ...

Post by drew »

Lestradae wrote:
I will have to move this one to an adjacent system definitely, then. The world I handcoded will have nothing to do with the Oresrati you described.

Thanks, guys, for the replies, it really makes sense to cooperate so that oxp' s - or even stories - don`t clash with each other if anyhow doable.
I chose Oresrati because it's a 'dead end'. You can only reach the system using a galactic jump from chart seven, and there is nowhere to get once you get here because all the planets are out of range (>7 lightyears) and it's a low tech level so you can't buy another galactic jump.

Not a great place for an OXP mission - unless it's suicide.OXP! :wink:
Edit: After reading forwards Sad in your entertaining story I am not so sure if it couldn`t be salvaged, albeit a bit different from how I first imagined it. You are going to get a PN, too Cool
Intrigued!! :cool:

Cheers,

Drew.
Drew is an author of SF and Fantasy Novels
WebsiteFacebookTwitter
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Re: ...

Post by Eric Walch »

drew wrote:
Not a great place for an OXP mission - unless it's suicide.OXP! :wink:
On the contrary. You can write a special oxp by which the player gets a galactic jump awarded. This gives a very good oxp as this oxp will give the player the only solution to proceed.