Text Adventure

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Pansen
Dangerous
Dangerous

Text Adventure

Post by Pansen »

Been away for a long time...

Sure I read somewhere (and not just dremt it;-) that there was a space station somewhere that you could explore 'on foot' whilst playing a text adventure game?

Any ideas?
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

You need to reach a certain stage in Assassins.oxp and accept a certain mission. :wink:
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Pansen
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Pansen »

Thanks! Glad it does actually exist..

I'd better get back to Galaxy 7!
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

You will also need to be using the 1.3 version of Assassins. If you still have one of the Beta test versions you'd need to delete the beta and install V1.3. Its a pretty simple adventure that'll take about 10 minutes to solve. Its more for atmosphere really. Rather than just getting item X from Station Y you have to do some stuff in the station.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
ZygoUgo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ZygoUgo »

It would be fantastic if there was a way to randomly generate scenarios for immersion, even if most of them end up with you having a bit of a wander round and not much happens.
Even better if people could attach OXP's to its possible variables and gradually expand it, thus adding in other small adventures or links to whole storylines.