ootilities needs update?

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

nijineko
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

ootilities needs update?

Post by nijineko »

i'm finding that the obj2dattex application does not convert obj files i'm dropping onto it. the resulting dat file is completely blank. any ideas anyone?
arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshou ka?

Play games. Win Amazon gift cards! Brag. Repeat.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Maybe the 'original' obj is damaged, because the obj2DatTex.py is working well - at least on my computer.

Could you post (or pm) a download-link for the .obj+.mtl files and the texture?
nijineko
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by nijineko »

am i supposed to drop more than just the obj on the app?

and i checked the obj, it looks fine. ^^ i'll see if i can get those to you, hang on.

edit: here you go!

http://www.box.net/shared/jiptb7abpy
arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshou ka?

Play games. Win Amazon gift cards! Brag. Repeat.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Hello nijineko.

It can't work. The obj and mtl contains other names - I think you have renamed some things and they also shouldn't use any spaces like 'dyson sphere' - this will be interpreted as 'dyson'. Better use 'dysonSphere'.

So I think you should redo the work in WINGS.
- Rename the objects (select the body selection mode, press space to clear all selections, select ONE object (left mouseclick), rightclick to get the menue, Rename)
- Check if there is a attached auv_map and if not create it (see the tutorials on the WIKI and Griff has done some very good explanations too)
- Change the exported texture format to png (the small object on the right side when menue shows EXPORT SELECTED->Wavefront (.obj))
- Export only one object (EXPORT_SELECTED) and not all objects into one file.
- Use a auv_map for every object. The default material caused some problems on my computer too when I've tested it a while ago.

I've fixed the problems (only used the first object in the file) and the converter does it's job. PM'ed you the link.