Legal Status decay?

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

BadDad
Harmless
Harmless

Legal Status decay?

Post by BadDad »

Hello All,

I just discovered and have been enjoying Oolite while my kids are getting ready for bed (hence my moniker). What a blast!

However, I managed to take off with 1 little tiny ton of narcotics in my hold and am now an offender. (I don't FEEL like one, but there it is). I guess I could go back and reload from before the 'incident', but that feels a bit like cheating (as much as the term applies to a game that is played for myself alone, in isolation).

So, does the bounty on my head (something less than 50 cr as far as I can tell) ever go away, or am I marked for life and will need to follow the dark path? Can I go to juvie and have my records cleaned?

Thanks,
BadDad
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Yes it decreases over time, iirc with witchspace jumps.

Give it a little while of travelling and trading and you'll be clean again.
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Hi BadDad - welcome to the forums. What Thargoid say is true - the trick is not to get tricked into making it worse in the meantime. Even if those Vipers do take an interest in you on your way to the station, ignore them, even if they slip in behind you, ignore them, even if they open fire, wiggle around lots and hope they miss, but basically ignore them. Don't fire back otherwise you'll be recalling with fond memories when you were ONLY an Offender! :wink:
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

To be precise: 1 tiny little ton of Narcotics gives you a bounty of 2 credits. Nothing to be really concerned about. As your bounty gets halved for each jump and then rounded down, it will take as mere two jumps to make you clean again:

2 / 2 = 1

1 / 2 = 0.5, which gets rounded to ZERO. Voilà.

Oh, and of course welcome, BadDad, to the forums and to this great game! :D