Typos in UPS

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Dr Beeb
Dangerous
Dangerous

Typos in UPS

Post by Dr Beeb »

Text displayed towards end of (failed) container mission in UPS-courier v1.4.1.oxp (Dont know if same issue exists in v1.4.3 ?)
containers that were stolen from our stragerooms?
I am guessing that what was meant was storage rooms ?
We to cancel the mission
Insert 'have' to cancel the mission?

Maybe I will have more success with this class of mission next time it comes my way and I wont be able to check if the typos are fixed :wink:
White dots were so much easier to hit
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Thanks dr. Beep,

I missed those two misspellings. Fixed now.

Bad luck you got that message as it is a rare one. It is a time-out of the boa mission that is presented when more than 30 days are past away since the initial offer.

This mission selects a random system. From the 2000 systems spread over 8 galaxies, there are 3 that can't be visited. I added that to make sure the mission will never hang, even when it selects one of those 3 systems. Chance of one of these systems getting selected is once every 666 times. For one player a small change, but out of every 666 players it will happen to one.

I hope next time the mission is a little more close to the starting point.
Dr Beeb
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Dr Beeb »

Hi Eric

great that you covered all cases :wink:

In my case what happened was that I never succeeded in finding the Boa. Usually if I arrive too late at a system I am told I was too late, or someone else got him before me. :( But on this occasion I got there in time. I have succeeded once before with the Boa mission but this time I never came across him (including all the tips that other players have given on the board). I even left the system and came back several times, the red cross on the long range chart stayed 'active' on that system during all this but eventually after 32 days the fail message in previous post came up and the red cross was removed.
White dots were so much easier to hit