Teaser OXP for Feudals: Target Practice

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

caracal
Deadly
Deadly

Teaser OXP for Feudals: Target Practice

Post by caracal »

I swear I posted this once already, sometime Friday evening, and if it appears as a duplicate, I apologize, but ... I didn't see any activity on the forums from the moment I posted it until an hour or two ago, except for the earlier version of this post showing up, and another one I made in the "salvage" thread. Now that I log back in, neither post is present, and judging by the dates, people were merrily posting away on Saturday, when I was seeing nothing but my own now-lost posts. Did I violate some rule or another?

Anyway, I have created a very simple teaser OXP for Feudal systems, implementing a Target Practice Range. It is hosted here, and I encourage you all to download it and try it out when you get a chance. Feedback welcomed, nay begged.

It doesn't add any new ship types, just de-fanged versions of the standard ships. I had several problems with the AI, and it's still not perfect, but I think maybe I'll raise that question in a separate post, after this one has gone up successfully. If it does!
Stromboli
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Stromboli »

Tell me if you need textures/models for this mod, it sounds pretty interesting.
Space Pirate, and a proud Mac Us-arrr!
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

Downloaded it, but it's only 3.72Kb is that right?
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
caracal
Deadly
Deadly

Post by caracal »

Stromboli wrote:
Tell me if you need textures/models for this mod, it sounds pretty interesting.
Thanks for your interest, Stromboli! The full Feudals OXP will no doubt need a ton of both. Stations and ships to fly around them--I was thinking like a Hunting Lodge station, Royal Guard ships, a King's Retreat station, etc. One of the missions I'd imagined was that the player is challenged to a duel against the Royal Champion, ship to ship. And others have suggested some cool things too, like quarrels between royal families, help suppressing peasant revolts, etc. Clearly a lot of new hardware will be needed!
caracal
Deadly
Deadly

Post by caracal »

TGHC wrote:
Downloaded it, but it's only 3.72Kb is that right?
Actually, it's only 3.3kb ... 3353 bytes to be exact. I told you it was simple! :)

EDIT: If what you downloaded is 3.7kb, then maybe my server isn't delivering the zip file correctly. Let me know if you have any trouble with it.

And thanks for taking a look!
Stromboli
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Stromboli »

Well, I have an idea for a line of ships, for something the "knightly" class or whatever, ranging from those for cheap men-at-arms, to barons and dukes, all Dune-esque.

I'll post some sketches I'm making soon.
Space Pirate, and a proud Mac Us-arrr!